Saturday, July 11, 2015

Friends Are the Key to Blogging!

It's Sunday, which means you guys probably aren't in the mood for any heart-wrenching or serious posts. Let's talk about something fun, like friendship. I don't know how many times I've stressed the importance of having and making friends on the blogging/vlogging community. It doesn't matter if you're a blogger of a book tuber, you're going to need friends to survive the "career". 


"If I had a nickel for every friend I've made ever since starting my channel/blog, I would own the bank."

1. Buddy Reads
You can't have a buddy read without a buddy. Buddy reads happen all over the blogosphere and on Youtube. I, myself, have done a lot of buddy reads with my newfound friends. Buddy reads are also a great way to ensure you have someone to talk to in the end and that you don't have to sit by yourself and think about what you just read. 

2. Recommending Books
Friends recommend books to each other. And believe me, some of my favorite books today are from recommendations on Goodreads and from Youtube videos. My book taste is dependent on my friends to keep filling me up with things to read and even books that they've enjoyed. You obviously wouldn't recommend a bad book to a friend. 

3. Sharing Each Other's Sites
Believe it or not, friends are the ones that spread the word about you to their friends and then their friends would spread the world to their friends... I think you get the point but it's important to have a web of friends to connect with. 

4. FANGIRL TOGETHER!
Without friends, you can't fangirl with each other. TRUST ME, I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO FANGIRL! Even I, at times, have that burning urge to grab someone in the middle of the street and spill my feelings about the recent gut-wrenching book I've read. For example, you see, Diamond is such a dependable friend, one I could fangirl endlessly with. So go! Grab a friend and see how much your fingerling experience changes. 

5. Keeping You Updated
My friends are always the ones that tell me when a new cover has been revealed for a book I'm excited for or when my favorite books have been optioned into movies and TV shows. Without them, I would be so lost in the current news! They keep track of your interests and when something comes up, you can depend on your friend to tell you!


How did you like this soft and fluffy post? What is the importance of friends to you? 
author image

Alex

is a book-hoarding, binge-eating anime lover that loves to read and write on her free time. When she hasn't got her head stuck in an enthralling fantasy novel, she's outside collecting rocks or re-organizing her bookshelves for the 100th time. Alex also has nightmares of her TBR pile falling down and crushing her underneath.

13 comments :

  1. So much yes! ♥ I'm not a very social person on the blogosphere, but I love talking to the friends that I've made. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great. I hope you continue to make friends and talking to others ;D

      Delete
  2. I'm quite an introverted person so I don't have many RL friends. I have met loads of great people through blogging though. It's great to be able to chat to people who have the same interests!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds really awesome. I'm also just a shy person in general so my social skills depend on my blogging friends.

      Delete
  3. Haha I think what you mean here is that you always need a reading buddy, in a way. I would hate to have read something amazing and have no one to fangirl about it to. I mean, how would someone cope without letting all that loose excitement out!? We can't just go screaming at unknowing people now, can we? We could be spoiling a future love for them.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did that once. Screamed at a random person about a book that I loved, I mean. LMFAO! Thanks for commenting :D

      Delete
  4. I'm terrible at meeting people. I get shy or get rude. (My default personalities.) I can't help it personally.
    How do you meet people and make friends?
    And how do you meet book blogger friends? Twitter? Goodreads?
    I really don't know how to friend. I'm so bad at it... I have friends in real life but like...none online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's totally okay. You can't help it.

      Honestly the biggest tip for getting a huge amount of friends is going around blogs and commenting. I feel like that's the best way to get people to see your comments and for the owner to acknowledge you.

      And don't worry, I'm your friend :D

      Delete
  5. You know, I've been apart of the book blogging niche for 4+ years, and I've made a real friend. Which is really bizarre to me. I've been blogging for 15 years (just not necessarily book blogging) and I've always made friends. Friends that I've met in person and grabbed a coffee with, friends that I've exchanged Christmas cards with. So, I'm kind of bummed that I haven't made a friend in the book blogosphere yet. Because I really, really want to do a buddy read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buddy reads are so much fun. I just recently did one and it's great to have someone at hand to talk to who is already reading the same book as you. I've only been apart of the blogging world for 1 year and I've already made a friend from Bookcon who now Skypes and texts me all the time. It's truly amazing how people's interests can bring you together.

      Delete
  6. This is the perfect fluffy post, even though I'm reading this on a Wednesday :) I've been blogging for just over a month now and it's incredible how many lovely people I've met through it. We talk books and bookish things, we connect over anxiety and depression, we talk writing and TV and anything else that comes up. It's such a wonderful community!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been blogging for over a year. Not a month. Clearly I need more time to wake up ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I make that mistake all the time. I say I've been blogging for like 4 years when it's only been one because it feels like an extremely long time. You're right, this community is so great and when I first started, I just felt so welcomed. I want everyone to feel that way so I definitely make sure to check out new bloggers and introduce them and meet them!

      Delete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!