May 25, 2015

TV Show Review: Daredevil


Thrilling. Dramatic. Swoon-worthy.

Matt Murdock lost his ability to see in an chemical spill accident that happened when he was a young boy. Instead of hindering him from his daily life, this accident gifted him with supernatural extraordinary abilities that are 100x better than his eyes. He uses these powers to deliver justice to the criminals that roam the street as a masked vigilante lawyer in the night and blind lawyer by day. 

First thoughts and impressions...

The first episode of the show started out with Matt in a freak chemical spill, in which he saved another man's life by giving up his eyes. From then, he was blind and limited to the rest of his senses. But instead of hindering him in the worst ways, this accident has only given Matt unbelievably powers that heighten his senses and finds no need for his eyes. 

Based on the DC Marvel comic character, Matt Murdock has fulfilled the idea of the Daredevil and created this sexy and entertaining main character. I think the way the show started out was incredible and caught me on the first scene. By the end of the third episode, I was yearning for more and wishing I didn't have to sleep so early that night. The thing about Netflix is that it's like a drug to me. You know that quote, "Netflix is my own brand of heroine." haha..

You see, I'm no Marvel DC comics aficionado, but I do know something-- Most Marvel-produced shows are action-packed and kick-butt, just as Daredevil is! The premise sets up for at least a 4 season show with fighting scenes and even some romance that shows up! 

Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock
Just because the main character in this show is blind, doesn't mean he can't be hot and swoon-worthy all at the same time! HA! I loved Charlie Cox as Matt because his role in Neil Gaiman's movie adaption, Stardust, was superb! 



I'm still on track to finishing this show but so far, I'm loving every second of it! Can't wait to dive back in!
author image

Alex

is a book-hoarding, binge-eating anime lover that loves to read and write on her free time. When she hasn't got her head stuck in an enthralling fantasy novel, she's outside collecting rocks or re-organizing her bookshelves for the 100th time. Alex also has nightmares of her TBR pile falling down and crushing her underneath.

2 comments :

  1. I've been wanting to check out this show for a while, especially because I'm a huge Marvel fan. I just may have to once I'm done with Grey's anatomy!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!