Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Teaser Tuesday #5

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB @ Should be ReadingIt's just sharing a short teaser of the book we are currently reading! Don't worry — teasers will not contain any spoilers. 

I haven't participated in Teaser Tuesday that much, and the last time was so long ago I know it's at least been a year! I thought it would be fun to bring it back this week  :L 

My Teaser


This week I'm reading Mariana by Susanna Kearsley. I was in the mood for historical fiction, with some ghostly elements and spookiness since it's been so rainy and overcast in Los Angeles lately. It's weird because it's May and usually we have summer-like weather. Anyway, onto the teaser! 


"'I went to the churchyard, to see the grave of my grandfather,' I explained, my voice absent. 'Rachel, what do you know of a man named Richard de Mornay?'  She looked up sharply, hesitating and her eyes slid past me, widening in sudden apprehension. I had not heard my uncle enter the room, but I felt him behind me before he spoke."

I haven't gotten this far yet, but it does a good job of showing the mystery of the novel. There is a lot of mysterious elements and I love how it's now switching to different time periods, yet we don't know what's going on. I really like Kearsley's books ever since I read The Winter Sea. After this I need to get to Firebird.

What are you reading right now? Have you read any of Susanna Kearsley's books? What is a good historical fiction/time traveler book? 

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

7 comments :

  1. Sounds creepy and mysterious. I like!
    And a good historical fiction/time traveler book? One word.... OUTLANDER :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol yeah this book made the list of what to read after Outlander :) I am liking it I think you would love it too! <3 Have you read Susanna Kearsley before? I think you'd really like her!

      Delete
  2. :tup

    A former lover??? I'm so intrigued. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it has everything to keep you turning the pages. I'm always looking for more mysteries.
    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/05/19/teaser-tuesdays-115-joshua-and-the-lightning-road-my-review/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read any of her books! Can't wait to see what you think when you finish...
    Jen at YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting and mysterious. Hope you're enjoying the book.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!