Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #14

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. It's a chance to showcase all the books we're looking forward to! 


Alex's WoW Pick

This week I'm waiting for the release of The Death Code by Lindsay Cummings! 

22836576


With short, fast-paced, alternating point-of-view chapters, The Death Code starts several weeks after The Murder Complex ended. Zephyr keeps the secret about Meadow close- that if she dies, The Murder Complex will be destoryed, too. Meadow, desperate to find her brother, father, and little sister, is determined to fearlessly fight to the end, even if it means sacrificing herself and her friends, new and old. The Death Code introduces a memorable cast of secondary characters and delivers a vivid and scary thrill ride read. 
Pre-Order 

Expected Publication: April 21st, 2015 


Super, super, super stoked about this book since I loved the first one and I literally worship her as an author! I met her at the BookRave book signing and let me just tell you guys, she is the sweetest thing ever. Also if you didn't know she has a Youtube channel and started as a Booktuber, which makes her all the more awesome!

Dee's WoW Pick

This week I'm really looking forward to Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray. I read and the first book, A Thousand Pieces of You last year and really loved it. It made my top favorite reads list for the year because I loved the world building and romance so much with the time twist :tup Now that the gorgeous cover is up I just HAD to share it as my WoW pick!


Marguerite Caine has done the impossible, traveling to alternate dimensions with the Firebird—the brilliant invention of her parents, her boyfriend, Paul, and their friend Theo. But she has also caught the attention of enemies willing to kidnap, blackmail, and even kill to use the Firebird for themselves.     When Paul’s soul is splintered into four pieces—pieces that are trapped within Pauls in other dimensions—Marguerite will do anything, and travel anywhere, to save him. But the price of his safe return is steep. If she doesn’t sabotage her parents in multiple universes, Paul will be lost forever.                Unwilling to sacrifice her family, Marguerite enlists the brilliant Theo to help. The two forge a plan to save Paul and the Firebird, but succeeding means outsmarting a genius and risking not only their lives but also the lives of their counterparts in every other dimension.  Their mission takes them to the most dangerous universes yet: a war-torn San Francisco, the criminal underworld of New York City, and a glittering Paris where another Marguerite hides a shocking secret. Each leap brings Marguerite closer to saving Paul—but her journey reveals dark truths that lead her to doubt the one constant she’s found between the worlds: their love for each other.


Expected Publication: November 5th, 2015!

Publisher: HarperTeen

author image

Alex

is a book-hoarding, binge-eating anime lover that loves to read and write on her free time. When she hasn't got her head stuck in an enthralling fantasy novel, she's outside collecting rocks or re-organizing her bookshelves for the 100th time. Alex also has nightmares of her TBR pile falling down and crushing her underneath.

5 comments :

  1. REALLY good choices, Dee. I haven't read The Murder Complex, but I am very intrigued. As for Claudia Gray's book, well, it's Claudia Gray :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Murder Complex is amazing! I must get A Thousand Pieces of You :D

      Delete
    2. I know right?! Claudia Gray is amazing. And yeah ALEX you need to read it! Maybe i'll have to slip you a copy in your next box next month lol ;)

      Delete
  2. Dee! Amazing WOW pick!!!! I just read One Thousand Pieces of You and am suffering from a massive book hangover! I'm dying to get my hands on Ten Thousand Skies Above You! I love Paul :) Aren't the book covers beautiful?!! I met Claudia Gray in person at a book signing and it was really interesting listening to her talk about this series.

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book covers ARE beautiful!! I can't wait for this one either. oooh I love meeting authors in person :) Lucky you Lindy! :L Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!