March 12, 2015

Dee's Life Update: The Time I Got The Letter…

This year I've been posting sporadically about my personal life and endeavors. I really love all the support I've gotten :L

If you've been following the blog you already know that I've been working 3 jobs temporarily to reach my goals and attend graduate school in the Fall. Last year I took the GRE and applied to a few different Graduate Schools— my number one choice was sent in December. Ever since I've been dying to discover where I will get in! I applied to the MLIS program (Master's of Library and  Information Science) and my biggest hope was that I could get in and enroll for fall of this year and at least one program that I applied to (which was only a total of 2, tbh).

SO I recently got a letter…the BEST LETTER..


I recently heard back from my #1 school..

I got in to UCLA Graduate School :rainbow 


I'll be attending the school of Library and Information Science starting in the end of September! :e UCLA has the #1 program in the state and top in the country. I am SO excited (and also very nervous)  because there's a lot I need to accomplish in these next 7 months. I need to keep working and saving like mad to move, and I need to enroll in a Statistics class as a prerequisite. My grade in the class will be my first grade on my Graduate transcripts.. no pressure though! ;)


I just wanted to share the good news with you all. I know a lot of you were curious and asked me to keep sharing about my journey!

I also know a lot of you are librarians / have gotten your master's degree already (or higher) and I want to ask you to share in the comments anything you want to about your experience :O In general I am curious about grad school and different people's experiences.

-Diamond

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

12 comments :

  1. :e Congratulations!!!! That's absolutely fantastic. It's a great school and I'm so excited for you. I have thought about doing a library science degree - I already have a masters in another field and there's a program near me that lets you do the additional courses you need. Maybe someday!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww Thanks Jen!! :h I'm so excited too! You're so sweet. You have a master's degree in what field? I feel like I knew that but can't remember which one. That's really cool maybe you will pursue it and if you do make sure you let me know :k
      Thanks for the sweet tweet <3

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Dee! I'm very happy for you, not to mention impressed by your commitment. No need to be nervous, sounds like you have everything under control. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ramona! I really appreciate that :O Interesting, I don't think of it as being too much of a commitment, which I think is a good sign that I am doing the right thing. Fingers crossed. ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited for u and for the journey that this new life update takes you. Congrats gurll, you totally deserve it and you're amazing, did u know that? Can't wait to spend the rest of ma blogging days with ya. Dee's Read is going to go somewhere extremely far and down a unique path.

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement Alex! I am glad you're with me on this journey too! :tup
      I appreciate your help and support. I think the blog is going to go far as well. :D :h especially now you're here. ;)

      Delete
  4. HOLY DIAMOND!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know how stressful the whole process was and how much effort and hard work you put into your grad app! I always knew you could do this, you're amazing, love! <3 CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSS MY LOVE! <3 Keep rocking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, Thanks JESS! I appreciate it, more so because I know you KNEW how crazy stressful it was for me.. can you say, stress induced breakdown? sheesh. But, it was worth it! lol. Thanks for the encouragement lovie. :h big hugs
      xox <3 :rainbow

      Delete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!