February 1, 2015

January Wrap-Up! (+ co-blogger search)

Hi all *waves*
Hope you are all doing well! I can't believe January is already at its end! Jan is one of my favorite months, and the start of 2015 is here officially and before we know it will be Spring. I did a lot in my life this month. I've been sharing quite a lot about that it seems, but there have been so many changes it almost feels surreal (in a good way!). I haven't had many reviews this month but you know I'm doing all I can. I'm having fun with the blog still (despite all the crazy-ness) and including new features (including graphic novel recommendations and Dee's Creations: where I include some of my art and crafts) :O

New in Dee's Life

So in addition to throwing together a mini wrap-up post, I wanted to tell you guys about how my life changed (yet again) in a drastic but great (and a little scary) way.

I got a new job! 

I now have 3 jobs I'm wrangling >.< In a completely unexpected and extraordinary change of events I got a job offer (out of nowhere) that is tied to one of the families I tutor for. It's for an Electrical Company who is looking to expand and needs me because of my organizational prowess, knowledge of technology, and ability to multi-manage (ahahaha, jk: they did need help though!)
Also, the location is the same as one of my jobs that I'm already at 6 days/week. I was a bit nervous last week, because it meant giving up my only day off to work 7 days a week. :c
It also meant putting in several 14 hour workdays and the rest are 10 hours. I don't have to tell you why I was nervous (sleep? when? eat? when?)--but at the same time I'm excited because I really need to save money to move to a new place in around six months, get a new car, and pay off my credit card debt. I have 8 months until school starts and I want to accomplish all of this in that time. SO yes, I have an end date in mind, and I have goals that I want to meet.


I'm gonna kick-ass like Lana Kane.

This week was the first week on the new schedule, and I clocked in a total of 70 hours since Monday. It was intense, and I am delirious as I write this post. But you know what? I had fun. I love learning new things (such as adding electrical fixtures to blueprints) and refreshing my memory on old things (like AutoCAD and Quickbooks). It's challenging, but they are extremely flexible. I can clock in any time and get some work done between shifts.


Part of the reason I'm so tired is that I'm not back on the right sleep schedule (I can't fall asleep until after 2am. Once I get to the right sleep schedule (like midnight) and put in 8 hours of sleep a night, I'll be golden. Until then, things are going to be rough. So hang onto your hats, people! It's going to be interesting to see how if I can manage it all and the blog / my social life.

Blog News


I had to make a decision about the blog responsibilities for the next two weeks until I get used to the new schedule and my sleep readjusts. I'm just being realistic. I don't want to get sick or burn out and then not accomplish anything. Nor do I want to go on a complete hiatus. I am not ready to give up my hobbies (reading + art) or my beautiful blog! SO I'm going to refrain from reading for a week. :o Before you gasp too loudly…lemme explain: If I want to read, I will. I didn't realize I was stressing about it, but I was. So far, not feeling forced to read or guilty about not reading has already done wonders to my heart. There's no fun feel anxiety about the fact that I haven't had time or desire to read. It's kind of rational, I mean, who wouldn't?
I already feel better though, and have a feeling I'll do some reading this week in the way it should be. i.e., oh i feel like reading, *picks up book* *reads contentedly* Lol. I have some posts scheduled, like the review for Blood of Olympus and a discussion post and new feature (hint: you've already seen it a few times just not as a feature).

Also, I'm still looking for a co-blogger / contributor! My post on it was included in the recent Blogoversary post, so check that out for details. If you're interested please email me! I'm extremely flexible and don't have a limit AT ALL about the number of posts per week or anything like that. Even if you have a blog you can come here and contribute :L


January Book Haul
eARCs 


  

  

 ARC for consideration

*thank you Penguin Teen*

Physical Books: Gifted/Won
 

 
*Thank you to Jess @ My Reading Dress, Jess @ Step into Fiction (for Dead of Winter), my brother and Scott.*


 Physical Books: Bought
 





Here are the posts from this past month 


Rafflecopter for Blogoversary Giveaways (INT): 2 winners
Future Excitement
I am planning to do the very fun 3rd annual Take Control of your TBR Challenge in March! It's a blast and I'm just saying this early for those of you (like me) who need to be reminded and decide early enough to plan and look forward to. The goal is to read books that aren't review books and clear off the books you own/won/borrowed that have been sitting on your shelves forever. I lamented about this very thing this month — this is my answer. :D haha. SO head over to Kimba @ Caffeinated Reviewer for more info and to sign up! 

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how was your month? Do you have any suggestions for me? Do any of you guys wrangle 3 jobs? If so, how do you make it work? 
author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

20 comments :

  1. LOL I had a really unproductive reading month this month because of midterms smacking me in the ass. But, on the flip side, I bought a bunch of books. I hope you're doing okay in all your jobs and also that you find someone that can contribute to your blog or even be a co-blogger. The blog is doing great though :D :e

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sweetie! I will be emailing you back soon :h
      What books did you get? I love months with big book hauls lol

      Delete
  2. CRIMSON BOUND!!! OOHHH!! I want to read that!!

    3 jobs?!! Hehe, good luck!

    MY LITTLE PONY!!! *giggles* I watched that with my sister yesterday!!! Hehe, Enjoy!

    Great post and have a happy February!
    Follower via Bloglovin', follow back?
    ~Fari 0:) @ My Little Corner for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeahh isn't that show cute??
      thnx 4 the follow! ill follow u back now

      Delete
  3. Woah. That's a lot of hours. I hope you are able to find a co-blogger to help lighten your load. Congrats on getting The Cage. That's one I put in for but was denied :( I can't wait to read your review.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw sorry to hear that! I'll totally review that bitch when its closer to the review date. Thanks for the well-wishes. I really need the help!! if you helped you could read books like The Cage!! ;) ;) ;) lol

      Delete
  4. Man, three jobs! That is crazy! You got some great books last month though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new job!
    You did good for books, a lot of them look cool!
    Happy February reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Freda! Yeah I feel like I did pretty awesome book-wise too! Not too many, but quality ones :D

      Delete
    2. Wow I have a hard time just managing my two jobs, so I hope things get easier for you! Good luck in the co-blogger search too! :)

      Delete
  6. Girl, are you superwoman are something? THREE JOBS?! JUST HOWWWWWWWW.

    Anyway, I hope the co-blogger search is going well! Have a lovely week <33

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the new job. 70 hours is quite a lot but good for you for having a positive attitude and best of luck with your goals! Eek Crimson Bound! That's definitely one of my most anticipated reads. I hope you enjoy.

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah it is a lot but I am being positive about it and realistic, I think. Did you read it yet? I am really excited for it too :L
      Thanks for stopping by Mari!!

      Delete
  8. Oh wow, Diamond! You are one busy lady and I wonder when you do find time to eat and sleep. Good luck on the new job. I hope you don't burn out and are still able to get rest. I hear Dangerous Girls is a riveting read and I hope you enjoy all your lovely books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I don't have much time to eat, actually lol. I eat while working and sleep …well,
      I'm trying to get to 8hours a night because I really need that to function!! lol.
      Thanks for the info about Dangerous Girls! My friend got it for me and I'm really excited about it :D

      Delete
  9. So busy! I hope the 7 day weeks work out ok for you. I do them during for some of November and December and they wreck me physically and mentally. It's good you have an end date though as that will make it easier to get through them and just keep picturing those goals! Fingers crossed you find a coblogger too to help a little.
    Fab books! I hope you love Crimson Bound as much as you did Cruel Beauty and yay for Dangerous Girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah it's crazy isn't it?! That's good that you have an end date when you do it and I think my end date makes it bearable for me. :O
      I am in the works of the whole co-blogger thing, it's hard because I have some good replies but both have other blogs. hoping to find someone right fitting, you know?
      Did you read Dangerous Girls?

      Delete
  10. Big congrats on the job(s)! That sounds insanely hard and I don't really get how you are able to do it (you're super woman right??) but it sounds like a great way to get all those money goals met since gah that's always hard D:

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG CONGRATULATIONS BUT AT THE SAME TIME, take care of yourself, lovely! You're working so hard and it's going to pay off <3 I'm always there for you though! An email away. I've been crazy overwhelmed lately as well and I'm just sitting here, quietly dealing, ya know

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!