Friday, April 11, 2014

ARC Review: Misbehaving by Tiffany Reisz

MisbehavingMisbehaving by Tiffany Reisz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars :star :star :star
A copy of this book was provided to me by Harlequin in exchange for an honest review.

I don't subscribe to many magazines, but Cosmopolitan is one that I do and I enjoy it. I remember reading an excerpt in the magazines few months back and really enjoying it. It made me remember that while erotica novellas are not something I read regularly-- it's something I love to read from time to time. I saw the "Cosmo Red Hot Reads" logo by the excerpt and then saw it again on Netgalley. I immediately requested it and was happy to start it soon (novellas aren't as intimidating so I tend not to put them off as I sometimes do for other ARCs).

Misbehaving is a delightful story about a sex toy/book reviewer who is reunited with the one man who spurred her advances back in college (they never got over each other). While it was sometimes hard for me to get over the cheesy-ness of the story, it was still cute. It had a good amount of sex scenes to story/plot. Actually in my experience there's usually less plot in novellas like this, so I was surprised at the little twists. It kept my interest. It's definitely cliche and has a happy ending-- but sometimes that's just something you need.

If you're looking for a hot novella with a fierce, independent woman who is so confident in her own sexuality that it would give hope to feminists worldwide-- read this story. Expect a lot of cheese, eye rolling, giggles, and steamy scenes. I look forward to more Cosmo Red Hot Reads. 


View all my reviews

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!