February 3, 2014

Fangirl Style Reviews #6: The Heroes of Olympus

Fangirl-Style Reviews is an original feature created by me :$

What is a Fangirl Style review? 
Basically it's me being short, not very eloquent, and perhaps screaming in font or using a lot of !!! :) :v :|| etc. non professional, FUN, crazy, weird reviews. 
AKA.. FANGIRL-Style! :tup


So today I just need to fangirl over PERCY JACKSON. His royal Neptune-Ian hottinessssss. I wasn't ├╝ber impressed with The Lost Hero. It was good, but for that reason I had Son of Neptune sitting on my shelf for many months..I just didn't really want to pick it up. I heard the series was amazing-- and I'm so glad I picked it up finally on a whim bc I missed me some Percy! I really think this book helped solidify the new storyline and introduced some amaze new characters as well. I can't wait (seriously, I can't!) to obtain the next book...I'm on a book hunt to find it / buy it/ borrow it ASAP. I just NEED to find out what happens. 

And this is def another solid point for having the luxury of randomly choosing books off my shelf that I've neglected for so long bc I was too busy reading review books. :|| Not cool! My pledge this year is to change that...and Riordan, you just helped me remember how fun reading can be. :O
The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
Source: Paperback (my collection) 

My rating: 4 of 5 stars :star :star :star :star

So amazing. I now totally agree that this series is as good as the Percy Jackson one. Now that I'm fully on board, I can't wait to finish this series. I think a lot of the reason why I loved this one so much was the fact that Percy Jackson was in it. It was so good to hear from him again-- and I loved the new characters, Hazel and Frank. I can't wait to seem here Riordan is going to take this amazing series. The world and mythology he's created is simply spectacular. As a lover of myth, I appreciate these books SO much..I can't even. Lol.

Def recommend this series to everyone!! 


View all my reviews

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

6 comments :

  1. Percy is a timeless hero, like Indiana Jones :e
    Percy makes me feel like: :mj
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Percy makes me feel like :mj too! Lol xP

      Delete
  2. I'm terrible I haven't read any of his books! I even have a coworker (who I absolutely would never have expected) who is a huge fan. I should totally give them a try this year aye?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. Yes, you should! I think you'd like them..I'm surprised you haven't read them yet?! :o hehe let me know if u decide to give it a go!

      Delete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!