Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Graphic Novel Review: Fairy Tale Comics: Classic Tales told by Extraordinary Cartoonists by Chris Duffy

Fairy Tale Comics: Classic Tales Told by Extraordinary CartoonistsFairy Tale Comics: Classic Tales Told by Extraordinary Cartoonists by Chris Duffy
Source: Netgalley

My rating: 3 of 5 stars :star :star :star

A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This collection of fairy tales is wonderful. Each tale comes from a different source; the brothers Grimm and old Russian/Chinese/French tales. It was really cute because each story had a different artistic rendering that fit the tale. I really enjoy graphic novels that have different illustrators for each tale. The different colors and schemes are refreshing; and the length of each story was perfect so one style didn't overwhelm at any one time.


View all my reviews

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

6 comments :

  1. This book sounds great! I really like that they used different fairytales, not only from the famous brothers Grimm (although they wrote one of my favorites :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of them are from the Brothers Grimm! They're my favorite too! :h

      Delete
  2. Love the sound of this one. Some times a fun book with great illustrations is just what the book doctor ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea -- I think all fairy tales need illustrations, and I don't think I've seen any paired with graphic novel style drawings!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!