Monday, October 21, 2013

Fangirl Style Reviews: #3

Fangirl Style Reviews is a feature here on Dee's Reads that I created. 

What is a Fangirl Style review? Basically it's me being short/concise, not very eloquent, and perhaps screaming in font or using a lot of !!! :) :v :|| etc. non professional, FUN, crazy, ballistic reviews.
|| 
AKA.. FANGIRL Style!


Today I have to fangirl over indie author sensation Madeline Sheehan. I spontaneously bought Undeniable after reading all my friends reviews just raving about how great her books are. I love the grittiness and realmess in Undeniable! I definitely recommend it for lovers of raw and real contemporary books. Here's my fangirl review--

Undeniable (Undeniable, #1)Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan
Source: Amazon (ebook)
My rating: 4 of 5 stars :star :star :star :star


I picked this up super spontaneously. I was looking through the reviews of my Goodreads friends and kept browsing and seeing all this passionate love for Madeline Sheehan. Then I saw she was a indie author with a huge cult following and was instantly intrigued. Was there something there? Seemed like I'd either really love or really hate the book, based upon all the crazy reactions to it.
Well,I loved it. I devoured it in one sleepless night. I was just so caught up in the characters! They're beautifully written and the prose is just..amazing.
If you're like me and are reading the reviews trying to decide if you should try it--- TRY IT. You'll really love it (probably) but be warned there is violence and a lot of swearing. If you don't like either of those things, this isn't for you. It's a gritty, raw, novel with power that is rarely seen in novels these days.
I love love it and can't wait to read the next book!



View all my reviews
author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

4 comments :

  1. Lol I love your enthusiasm :) guess that is what blogging is all about and it awesome to see!
    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so used to seeing you love fantasy and paranormal that I'm still surprised at how much you love this one! Can't wait to read it and I hadn't realised it was Indie, yay I love hearing the success stories :O

    OH and GREAT news! I got Harper auto-approval. Squee! Thanks for all your hints and tips about that. Did the job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so excited you got it! Glad my tips helped :e I bet we will be reading a lot of the same books for review! <3

      Delete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!