Sunday, September 15, 2013

Tackle your TBR Read a thon: Mid-Point Check-in


Time for the mid-point check in! It's the end of the first week and I'm really loving my progress in this read a thon! I finished 8 books so far since Sunday! I'm on a serious roll. I hope to read just as much this coming week, although while last week I could cut down on my blogging time due to scheduled posts-- I don't have as many this week so I may need to blog more. I noticed I spend way more time blogging than reading and this makes me really sad. I don't want to neglect my blog, but I'm determined to find a middle ground, reading, after all, is the reason I started book blogging in the first place! :P it's so fun just to read for fun, and not have many books for review weighing on my mind. Since I did so well last week I really only have 2 books I NEED to read this week. That gives me plenty of time for my 2 buddy reads this coming week; Iron Queen and Grave Mercy. Are you doing the read a thon? How do you spend your time-- more reading, blogging, or an even split? 
Leave a comment with your thoughts and links! 

GOALS:

1. I'd like to just read as much as I can each day. I'm not going to set an actual amount. I'll try for close to double what I normally read
2. By the end of the read a thon I'd like to have read 8-10 books
1.  I plan to read 2 books for Blog Tours, 1 book from Netgalley, and 1 physical review book. Then, I'll read 4+ fun books. I'd also like to include 1 ARC/finished book I've previously won in a giveaway. 
-----
1. Have read TRIPLE what I normally read in one week. 
2. Already have read 8 books. Will double my goal if I keep this up! 
3. Have read 1 for blog tours, 1 (DNF) for Netgalley, and 0 physical review books. 

From original goal books-- the only ones I have left to read are Witchstruck and Moonflower. I'd also like to read an ARC/book won from a giveaway, and try for another Netgalley book. 

Week 2 Books I plan to read:
 (will mostly pick randomly from my shelf, it's more fun that way!)




*hi lighted books = TBR
Italic = finished books
Strike through = DNF*

Blog Tour
Witchstruck by Victoria Lamb 
The Silent Swan by Lex Keating 

Review
1 Netgalley Book (King Hall) dnf 
Moonflower 

Fun:
Poison Princess
Masquerade 
Shattered Soul
Obsidian
Soulless
Changeless
Blameless
Pick Randomly based upon my mood! :) :( :|| :v :P :L 

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

6 comments :

  1. You are doing so fabulously! I need to read more, but between what I need to do on the blog and my kids there is only so much time in the day. I probably still come out even though between reading and blogging. I'd like it to be less time blogging and more reading too. :) Thanks for posting and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Tressa! :D

      Delete
  2. Wow you have some great reads this week :) Enjoy! I look forward to the reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome that you have read 3 times more than what you can normally manage!

    Keep up the great work! <33

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!