Saturday, September 14, 2013

Book Review: Fallen (Fallen #1) by Lauren Kate

Fallen by Lauren Kate
Source: My Collection (paperback)
My rating: 3 of 5 stars :star :star :star


I'm part of the minority of readers who didn't love or hate this book. I liked it. Yup. Liked it. Will I be reading the sequel? Yes. I wanna know what happens. Despite all the things that irked me. I still couldn't put the book down. What does this tell me? I must not have hated it that bad. I was just annoyed at some bits.

Like what? Well, Lucinda (great name, by the way) she's kind of....weak. Emotionally weak, that is. She's also...immature. Emotionally immature, that is. (view spoiler)


The parts I got annoyed were when she exhibited those weak and immature tendencies. Most of all, I just wanted to tell, STICK UP FOR YOURSELF. DAMNIT!! But you know what? It's ok. I forgive you Lauren Kate. Why? Well, because there actually are many teenagers who act just like Luce. Just because I happened to be a confident, capable, emotionally mature teen (wink wink) doesn't allow me to forget how stupid my peers were (some of them, at least).

Most of all, I liked the story. Yeah, of course it bothered me that as soon as another guy kissed her Daniel punched him in the face...showing classic dominant agusive tendencies. But later we learn that (view spoiler) So, I let that slide.

Yeah yeah...sue me. I like a good story. And, I really want to know what happens. Maybe now that Luce knows what's what-- she'll show more confidence and strength. Oh I hope so. Because this series could get downright awesome with some kick ass females. 



View all my reviews

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!