Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fangirl-style Reviews: Vol. 1


I'm really excited to present my first feature on Dee's Reads! Lately I've been writing very mini reviews and joining my good friend Trish @ Between the Lines in her Twitteresque Reviews feature. While I love doing short tweet-like reviews, I stumbled onto something else. I call it....Fangirl Style Reviews.

What is a Fangirl Style review? Basically it's me being short, not very eloquent, and perhaps screaming in font or using a lot of !!! :) :v :|| etc. non professional, FUN, crazy, ballistic reviews.

AKA.. FANGIRL-Style! :tup


Now, not all the reviews will be me fangirl-ING over said book. If I only liked it, I will still do the fangirl style because it's FUN. It just won't be all praise. It may be whining. ;)

The first volume of my fangirl style reviews feature will be Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series, which I devoured last week during Tressa's Tackle Your TBR Read a thon! I also have read the much-loved by fangirls book, Obsidian. I loved it. Daemon was indeed every bit a hottie fangirls said he'd be. :L

Let me know what you think about this feature!? Cool? :O Dumb? :||


Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1)Soulless by Gail Carriger
Source: won in giveaway (paperback)
My rating: 4 of 5 stars :star :star :star :star


What a fun book!

It had me laughing all the way through. Already bought the sequel and excited to read it! >.<


Changeless (Parasol Protectorate, #2)Changeless by Gail Carriger
Source My Collection (paperback)
My rating: 4 of 5 stars :star :star :star :star


I was thinking 4.5 stars the entire book BUT that ending? Took it down to 3.5-4 tops. I don't need a totally happy ending, but I hate endings that are...negative without a healthy balance of positive/happy.

I'm CRUSHED. CRUSHED, I TELLS YA.


(Not Necessarily a Spoiler, but don't read just in case...)

my stomach is churning in an unpleasant way for Alexia. How. Could. He. Not even let her defend herself? Explain? Think! I mean...is no one considering that he was forced mortal for large gaps of the book?!? So. Frustrated. I am now determined to read the next one. If this doesn't get resolved between them though in the next book and her and Lord Woolsey don't reunite-- I'm quitting the series out of disgust! So lets hope that doesn't happen because I love this series. :D :tup



Blameless (Parasol Protectorate, #3)Blameless by Gail Carriger
Source: Library (paperback)
My rating: 3 of 5 stars :star :star :star
This was the worst of the series so far.

The ending was awful. Just, awful. The rest was ok. Mediocre. As much as I love the world of this series, not sure if I'm going to continue or not. 



----------



Obsidian
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Source: Library (paperback)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars :star :star :star :star

SO glad I listened to all of your guys shouting about this book! This is definitely one of those times I'm so happy to be a book blogger. A book that has been getting my attention all over the Internet, goodreads, twitter, blogs and I finally saw it at my library and picked it up.

Daemon is hella hot. I'm on the bandwagon. The sexy bandwagon that is Daemon lol. Didnt think aliens could be so sexy. Will be eagerly attempting to get the sequel. Ordered from my library hope it hurries up!

Do yourself a favor and READ THIS BOOK. 


View all my reviews

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

5 comments :

  1. Loved these fangirl style reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah what an awesome feature! Love the great idea :)

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love fangirl style reviews, so much fun! And it feels great doing something you thought up isn't it :)
    Of all of these, the one I'm most anxious to read is Obsidian. And join in the fan-girling gang along with you and practically every other YA blogger!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!