Thursday, August 15, 2013

Twitteresque Reviews: Series Edition - The Lost Hero, The Iron Daughter, The Throne of Fire


Twitteresque Reviews is a feature created by the fab Trish @ Between the Lines
Basically, it's for reviews you don't feel inclined to write more than 140 characters. This is my first time doing this feature and I decided that since I'm reading a lot of series books that I'd do those. I'm reading a lot of great series this year (was my major reading goal, after all) and am loving it! Here are some of the YA series I've read this year (still in progress!)

The Iron Fey Series
The Lost Heroes of Olympus Series
The Kane Chronicles
Starcrossed Series 
The Castor Chronicles 
The Lunar Chronicles
Unearthly  


The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
My rating: 4 of 5 stars :star :star :star :star
Source: My collection [paperback]

That's how it ended?!

Great book. Love the series. I think Meghan should've gotten more credit for saving all their asses. 




The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
My rating 4 of 5 stars :star :star :star :star
Source: My collection (kindle ebook)

Different from Percy Jackson but just as good. New characters are delightful. Leo is snarky, Piper is dear, and Jason is strong and a great MC. 





The Throne of Fire (Kane Chronicles, #2)The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars :star :star :star
Source: My Collection [paperback]

3.5 stars

Disappointed in the ending. The start was slow too. Still really enjoyed it and will definitely read the next book. the Gods are fascinating


View all my reviews



What do you think of Twitteresque reviews? It's harder than I thought to sum up a whole book with 140 characters! It was fun though, I think I may continue this feature for books I read for fun that I'm not sure need an entire review...if that makes sense! :O 

Have you read any of the series? I'm certainly having a ball exploring all these new worlds in the different series I've read this year! What are your favorite series?! :$

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

3 comments :

  1. I adore these twitter reviews and am glad you enjoyed these Diamond. Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome twitter reviews hon! The Lost Hero OMG. <3

    Thanks for sharing, Diamond! <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was fun! I need to read Julie Kagawa, I have heard so many good things about those.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!