Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The A to Z Book Survey

The A to Z survey was created by the brilliant Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner.  I stumbled upon this last week on a blog I'm newly following and thought it was the coolest idea ever! I love taking surveys and I haven't done much on the blog that tells you about me as a book lover...at least, not many posts dedicated to it. I'm trying to do some more fun things here on the blog-- so here goes! 

Author you've read the most books from
Definitely Anne Rice. I've read most of her books. She's a pro at writing about supernatural characters and her descriptive writing is so smooth...like a good cognac. 
Best Sequel Ever
The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice (way way better than Interview of the a vampire!)
Currently Reading 
Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare (it was a sudden craving to read a play I hadn't read before). And The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan. 
Drink of Choice While Reading
Diet Coke or any Diet Soda with caffeine 
E-reader or Physical Book? 
Physical Book...but I like my kindle and iPad too for instant definitions and highlighting!
Fictional Character You Probably Would've Actually Dated in High School
Ok, I have to name more than one here..Chris from Just Like Fate and Ash from Iron Fey series..there's more, but those came to mind first. Oh, the newest is Anubis from Red Pyramid (Egyptian series by Riordan)
Glad You Gave This Book a Chance
The Sea of Tranquility by Satya Millay - I normally don't read contemporary YA; and this book made me respect the genre and figure out I actually really enjoy it! 
Hidden Book Gem
The Sea Priestess by Dion Fortune
Important Moment in Your Reading Life
When I discovered there were many others out there who loved reading as much as I did! I wasn't a freak! And I didn't have to hide my joy of books and the fact that I read fast :)
Just Finished 
Hetaera: Daughter of the Gods by J.A. Coffey
Kinds of Books You Won't Read
Those that discuss substance abuse in detail and other traumatic/emotional books that can hit to close to home for me
Longest Book Read
The Complete Chronicles of Narnia
Major Book Hangover Because of
Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick &a; Suzanne Young
Number of Bookcases You Own
4: but one is the size of two... And they're overflowed I need another! 
One Book You Have Read Multiple Times
Harry Potter (all of them)
Preferred Place to Read
A comfy chair / my couch 
Quote that Inspires You/Gives You All the Feels From a Book You've Read

“What a piece of work is a man!
How noble in reason! How infinite in faculties!
In form and moving, how express and admirable!
In action how like an angel!
In apprehension how like a god!
The beauty of the world!
The paragon of animals!
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust?” 
Reading Regret
I regret not reading more because I thought other things were more important (in the past). 
Series You Started and Need to Finish (all books are out in series)
Caster Chronicles: Beautiful Creatures Series by Garcia/Stohl. Need to read Beautiful Darkness and Redemption (I own both..I'm staring at them right now...) 
Three of Your All-Time Favorite Books
(1) Claudius the God by Robert Graves (2) Merry Wives of Windsor by William Shakespeare (3) Dracula by Bram Stoker 
Unapologetic Fangirl For
Buffy the Vampire Slayer!
Very Excited for This Release More Than All the Others
Wolves of Midwinter by Anne Rice 
Worst Bookish Habit 
Not sure if this counts but I sit cross legged for so long my legs fall asleep and my elbows indent my upper thighs with high red welts. Ouch! Oh, and I don't get up to eat or drink so I am patched and starved half the time. 
X Marks the Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book
A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1)A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (oh, why I haven't I read this yet? It's been sitting on my shelf forever).
Your Latest Book Purchase
I got Twelfth Night by Shakespeare, The Iron Knight by Julie Kawaga, and The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan last time I went to Barnes & Noble last week. 
Zzz-Snatcher Book (last book that kept you up WAY late)
The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
-----------

This was SO much fun! I'm so glad I did this  >.< I love having fun while blogging and I'm making a point to do more fun things on my blog! Join in and do it! If you already did the survey link in the comments and I'll come visit ya! :tup




author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

21 comments :

  1. What a great idea! May need to borrow this at some point (when I have time that is!) I'll be following you too, from this it seems like you have a taste in books that I'll like! And I'm always up for finding new books!

    Laura
    http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-lives.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks for following Laura :$ I'll head to your blog now :tup I love that we have the same taste in books! <3

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by at my blog! I really enjoyed reading this, it was nice to find out more about you. :) Great blog!

    Amber
    www.themilelongbookshelf.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I debated doing this one too. It is super fun! Why was Just Like Fate a hangover? I'm going to see her in two week and get Just Like Fate and have it signed. Did you like it? The third Beautiful Creatures was okay, but I liked the fourth. The writing for A Great and Terrible Beauty is really good and the plot is very interesting. :)

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally do it! :O it was a hangover bc it really stuck with me afterwards...and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I can't believe you're going to see her! That's so cool! I loved the book! You should read my review.. ;)
      I'm hoping to finish the beautiful creatures series soon...definitely before the year is up.

      Delete
  4. That was fun, I love finding out more! My drink of choice while reading is diet coke too and coffee in the morning at the weekends. I can't sit cross legged though, too uncomfy! I like to sprawl out :-) I love Hamlet too, its the only play I can quote loads of off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously love this survey - it is SO much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great survey, I need to see if I can squeeze this in :)

    I also love Diet Coke!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great survey! I've been seeing it a lot lately! The questions are really interesting! I would not regret not reading more in the past - that means you'll have even more books to enjoy in the future!
    Okay, okay. That argument maybe was a little bit vain. After all, how will we ever finish all those books we want to read before we die... :D Haha, but still! A lot of Children's/YA books teach us so much more when we're adults, simply because we forget those things we knew as children!
    Okay, that was incredibly cheesy. Maybe I should just stop typing right now.
    Yes.
    Good decision.
    See ya :D (On Twitter, hopefully? I'm seriously ignoring Twitter too much...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This seems like a really fun survey :D Love your answers, except I never did care for coffee too much ^^ You are in for a great read with A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog post through the Book BFFs group. Thanks so much for bringing my attention to this really fun survey! I totally did it. :)

    Check out my answers to the survey if you want: http://skizzles22hu.blogspot.com/2013/08/a-fun-bookish-to-z-survey.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really was a lot of fun! I love Anne Rice's books too. I love how The Witching hour series eventually blended with The Vampire Chronicles series. I read them many years ago but I think that they are still the reason I am so picky about vampire books. She set a standard for me in the genre that few can match. Thanks for stopping by The Happy Booker today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Just Like Fate gave me a hangover too. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!