Friday, August 16, 2013

Feature & Follow #3: What I learned about blogging

  

Feature Follow Friday hosted by Parajunkee and Alison can Read. I think this feature is really amazing ^_^ So follow how you wish and say hi! :h
--------------------------
So how does this work? 
First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools — keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them “hi” in their comments (on the post that has the FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! 
-------------------------
This Weeks Question:

Share something you’ve learned about book blogging or just blogging in general in the last month

I've learned how to make a button for my blog. It was a lot easier than I thought it'd be; because I used a site that did all the work and created the button with photobucket. 

I also learned how to do cool fonts that I can use to make customized banners for memes or features. Like the simple one, that has my name "signature" for at the end of posts [see end of this post]. Since my laptop is on the fritz-- I'm trying to figure everything out using my iPad. I'm still looking for a good paint equivalent (any ideas from iOS users would be mucho appreciated!) photobucket can only do so much-- I can't figure how to overlap the fonts onto a picture (the cool fonts not standard). That's because I can't download the fonts to my iPad-- safari won't recognize it. 
I guess I've learned a lot this past month. I have a long ways to go, too, but am having fun in the process! 

Happy Blogging :) leave a comment if you followed with your link so I can follow you back! 




author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

17 comments :

  1. Sadly, I don't have any suggestions for the iPad. Mine is too old to do much now anyway. =/

    Thanks for the follow! I've followed you back. :)

    Laureen @ Ms. Bibliophile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Figuring out the button for the blog was fun. Been wanting to learn some more html and CSS to mess around with the blog.

    New follower via Bloglovin'

    Nyx @ Unraveling Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok please share this magical site that creates buttons for you? That sounds fun and easy.
    Current follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this post the word BUTTON is a link! It leads you to my post and button and on the post I have the link! :) wanted to make it easy but I guess some didnt see it was a link, ;)

      Delete
  4. I am ALWAYS learning things while blogging and reading. And that's whats so awesome about it- as I am 13, HTML formatting, books and reviewing were all major things I learned.

    Lovely post, Diamond! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're only 13?! You write excellent reviews for a 13 year old! I mean, when I was 13 my writing was awful...o_O hehe

      Thanks for visiting Melanie!

      Delete
  5. Hello there, Dee! Thanks for stopping by my FF. I can remember the days when I was learning to make my very first button. <3

    You are looking for another paint equivalent? Visit www.pixlr.com. You don't have to download it. And you can pretty much overlap photos and fonts there. Just search the web for tutorials. :D

    Following you on bloglovin and twitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte! They have an app so it's Perfect for my iPad! ^_^ yay! Ok thanks for the follow and advice

      Delete
  6. Great FF! I'm a new blogger so someday I'd love to learn the more technical stuff. I'm following you on Twitter & Bloglovin!

    Kathy
    Here's my FF:
    http://mynookbooksnmore.blogspot.com/2013/08/feature-follow-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dee!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! And I like your Twitteresque Book Reviews, I'm going to have try that!

    Kathy
    http://mynookbooksnmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you learned to do this, and are learning new things..it's fun doing these types of things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the way to make a blog button! I just made one but not with a html code since I don't know much about those yet. I'm going to check out the site you used for some help. New Bloglovin' follower and Google+. :D

    My FF @ Donnie Darko Girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dee, I am now following you. Thanks for reading my blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your new button. I don't have a blogroll on my site right now, since clutter bothers me, but if I change my mind, I'll be sure to add you. :)

    Thanks for visiting my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. following on BL.

    Buttons are a great trick to learn!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!