Saturday, August 24, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #13

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's @ Tynga's Reviews. It's a chance to showcase all the books we bought, won, and received for review-- whether they're ebooks or physical books.
It's been a full, busy week participating in Bout of Books. I also had some sadness this week attending a memorial for a coworker I used to work with who passed away. My mom knew just how to lighten my mood by taking me to Barnes & Noble and buying me a book :)  I requested more books than usual last week, hence the several books for review this week that I really don't have time for. I am behind on reviews though, so I'm hoping all the books I've read this week will help me catch up because I'm trying to schedule posts, like, a month ahead. I'd settle for even two weeks haha. 
What'd you get this week? 
Today is the last day of Bout of Books! Check out My Bout of Books Updates. Did I reach my goal?
Bought: New

Carrier of the Mark 

Shadow of the Mark


The Distance Between Us (thanks mom!) 


Goddess Girls: Persephone the Daring


Fated (Soul Seekers #1) 

Bought: Used

The Angel's Command 
Definitely Dead 

For Review:

Tangled Tides

Relativity 

The Enchanter Heir

The Lure of Fools 


Won

The Ghost Bride (ARC) via BookTrib.com


author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

15 comments :

  1. Great haul this week. I really want to read the Goddess Girl books. Enjoy!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jillyn! Yeah I'm super excited to read it looks so cute ^_^

      Delete
  2. I have never read any Leigh Fallon books, I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on with them.
    How fab is that cover for The Distance Between Us! I'm going to buy my copy today so we can both read it this week and pretend we have no review books waiting! Or ummhmm classic challenge which I haven't yet started :O
    Sorry to hear about your co-worker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Excited to start it. I'm surprised you haven't read Fallon, do u plan to?
      Tweet me when you're down to start!

      :h

      Delete
    2. I'm only starting to read more fantasy/paranormal over the last year or so and never really heard of LF until earlier this year. I'll see how you get on with them! I could read them and see if they make my Green Giant slot but I'll leave you do the ground work first to see if I should bother :O

      Delete
  3. You got books with such beautiful covers. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool haul. Happy reading :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves-52.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about snagging Relativity for review but I'm just so packed. I hope you like it - can't wait to hear what you think!

    I have yet to read Brian Jacques but he's on my must read soon list since I snatched up a copy of Redwall from my used bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh em gee yes u HAVE to read Brian Jacques! His series is one I read over and over again :P

      Delete
  6. Ooo, The Distance Between Us! I still need to read that book. It's been a while since it came out, but I haven't managed to buy or borrow a copy yet! YIKES! D:

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic week!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yea I'm really excited about it :tup

      Delete
  7. I've heard a lot of good things about The Distance Between Us and it's on my TBR already.

    As for Carrier of Mark, I have heard a not so good review about it. But I hope it works for you.

    Happy reading!

    Thoughts and Pens Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! I added Fated & Carrier of the Mark to my TBR list. And I love the Sookie Stackhouse series! I haven't read the final book yet.

    Have fun reading & thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Kathy
    http://mynookbooksnmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you are so lucky you got the Enchanted Heir for review :) Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have Relativity -- didn't realize it was a parallel universe book, so now I'm kind of excited about it!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!