August 20, 2013

Bout of Books Updates

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.  -From the Bout of Books team 
Hi. This is my updates post. See my goals post HERE. I'll update this everyday with my progress :)

Day 1: 8/19 Monday
# Books finished: 1 [ My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: Vol.2 graphic novel] 104 pgs
Total # read so far: 1
Books: Progress on Cobweb Bride and Serpent's Shadow
Total Pages Read: 281 
Challenges: Bookish Bucket List @ Sarah Says Read
"I want to attend BEA AND I want to meet Anne Rice..ok, that’s two book related items but yes! I want to do both!"  
#PairaThon Challenge

**I had to attend a funeral and wake today. I didn't read much (maybe 100 pages). But I did do one challenge. 

Day 2: Tuesday 8/20
# Books finished: 0
Total # read so far: 1
Books: Progress on Serpent's Shadow 
Pages Read: 100
Challenge: Re-Title Challenge @ Music+Books:











Day 3: 8/21 Wednesday

# Books finished: 1 The Serpent's Shadow
Total # read so far: 2 The Serpent's Shadow and My Little Pony Vol2
Pages read: 500 (best day yet!) :tup
Books: progress on Cobweb Bride / started Kat, Incorrigible 
Challenges: TBR Challenge @ Musings of a Bookshop Girl
Spine Poetry Challenge: [see photo below]






1.  Which 5 books are at the top of your TBR pile at this moment?
1. Indelible
2. Changeling by Philippa Gregory
3. Venom by Fiona PUl
4. The Distance between us by Kasie West
5. Iron Queen by Julie Kawaga


2.  If I gave you a wad of cash and sent you into a bookshop right now, which 5 books would you buy to add to the stack?

1. Pivot Point 

2. Either/Or by Kierkegaard (I love Philosphy, what can I say)
3. Mark of Athena 
4. Delirium 
5. Everneath

Spine Poetry Challenge:
Wake, 
Hallowed Immortal.
Earthbound Evermore.

Day 4: Thursday 8/22
# Books finished: 0
Total # read so far: 2
Books: Cobweb Bride
Challenges: Participated in both. See my challenges post :)

Day 5: Friday 8/23
# Books finished: 1 (Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis)
Total # read so far: 3  
Books: Cobweb Bride (1 chapter progress)
Challenges: Bookish Mad Libs @ The Space Between

Day 6: Saturday 8/24
# Books finished: 1 Cobweb Bride
Total # read so far: 4 I reached my goal! 
Books: Started Slumber 
Challenges: Bookish Wishes

Day 7: Sunday 8/25

# Books finished: 1 Slumber by Tamara Blake 
Total # read so far: 5 
Books: started The Beautiful and the Cursed

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

8 comments :

  1. Great progress so far! And going to BEA is a great dream ... I think it would be so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Little Pony is adorable. I didn't know there was a comic book for the show. I may have to pick that up.

    Good luck with the rest of the read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and it's awesome! :rainbow my review will post later this week :)

      Delete
  3. I also really want to go to BEA, it seems amazing. I hope I can go one day.

    Congratulations with your progress so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking at your spine poetry, and Evermore was excellent. I have the next 2 books sitting here waiting for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it! I hear a lot of fuss about her as an author. I just bought her other series, Fated yesterday on sale. I heard it's better than the Evermore series...? :D

      Delete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!