Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Mini Revew of Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Beautiful DarknessBeautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia

My rating: 4 of 5 stars  :star :star :star :star 


A little slow at first but then the pace picked up.

This series is very much like a YA version of The Mayfair Chronices by Anne Rice. The Witching hour is a book is recommend if you like the Caster Chronicles. I'm curious if Rice's books were an inspiration to the authors of Beautiful Darkness.

I'm not sure if I completely forgive Lena for her behavior. Nor do I understand why she is half dark? I haven't really seen that side of her. At least not to the extent of her being half dark. I just don't buy it, I don't know. I was surprised by the end. Never saw Link and Ridley changing quite so much. 

I'm definitely going to be reading the rest of this series. Probably pretty soon, too! :tup 



View all my reviews
author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

1 comment :

  1. Not sure if I'm ready to give this series a try yet so I'll wait for your reviews of the rest of it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!