July 6, 2013

Back to Blogging: Update

Hi all!

Last night I got back home from Wisconsin! I'm so happy to be back. It was a good trip. My papa had a successful surgery and I got to see him safely back home where my aunt will be helping him finish the recovery progress. It was nice spending the 4th of July there with my cousin and aunt and uncle. It was beautiful.



Since I was busy I didn't get a chance to write any reviews BUT I did read more than I expected. I found myself going to many bookstores because I needed book therapy to ward off my depression. It worked, though! I bought several amazing books.

Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen 
The Rise & Fall of Mt. Majestic by Jennifer Trafton 
Villette by Charlotte Brontë
Beautiful Darkness by Garcia/ Stohl 
Dreamless by Josephone Angelini 
Goddess by Josephine Angelini


I also got home and found 4 books on my doorstep.  2 are ARCs and 2 I won from giveaways.

ARCs: Dark Shore: Book Two of the Atlanteans by Kevin Emerson [won from Armchair BEA giveaway by Katherine Tegen Books an imprint of HarperCollins]


Janitors: Curse of the Broomstaff [ARC provided by ARCycling.blogspot.com] 


Chronicles of Egg books 1&2 won by Beckie @ Bittersweet Enchantment :P

This coming week I'll be posting a lot of reviews, trying to catch up with everything. I decided I'm not going to write a review for Beautiful Creatures, the book I read for fun and finished in Wisconsin. It was an excellent book and I already started Beautiful Darkness. I just don't have time to write all those reviews!

I appreciate all your support and love in this crazy time. <3

Keep reading loves! :L 
author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

4 comments :

  1. Welcome back. You got some amazing book. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo happy everything went well and that you're back now! Also, the books you got? So jealous! Beautiful Darkness was actually my least favorite of the series, but still very good - and I've wanted to read Angelini's trilogy for ages now...I hope you have a ton of fun reading the new books you got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnxhun, means a lot to me! <3

      Yeah I didn't love Beautiful Darkness, the pace didnt pick up until the last half. But I'm still loving the series! Oh, you have to rad the Angelini trilogy!! So freaking good! I think I may start Dreamless next! Lol.

      :P

      Delete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!