Monday, April 22, 2013

#WWRead-a-thon Wrap up!


Well, last night I wrote an entire post about the weekend read a thon, and my progress. This morning. I check and it looks like blogger ate it! I'd be more pissed, if I wasn't so exhausted. Once again I am reminded that I should write my post in Word first, then transfer it over. :( *sigh*

So I'll make this really short. The weekend was a successful one in terms of reading & the read a thon. I finished two books, MLP: Friendship is Magic graphic novel (see my review below), and Draon's Oath: A House of Night Novella (review will post tomorrow).
 
I made considerable progress on Fargoer, which has been the thorn in my side for the past month. It's almost completed. I also got to really sit down with The Woman in White, the classic I'm reading for the Dust off your Classics challenge. I decided, since I hadn't made much progress anyway-- to re-read it and I'm glad I did. It is a 700 page book. Yeah, I didn't realize this when I ordered it on Amazon and now I feel compelled to read it, since I bought such a lovely copy. It did make me LOL :D a few times though, within the first 6 chapters..so that's promising! Either way, I'll do my post sometime in May for the challenge. (Whether I finish or not).
 

I can't wait to start a new book for review soon, and a new book for "fun" too. I'm really tempted to read the sequel to Daughter of Exile, which I've gushed about a lot. I think perhaps ill start it now so the previous story is fresh in my mind. ;)

How was everyone's weekend? Comment below, I'd love to talk to you guys.

-Dee
author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

8 comments :

  1. Nice progress on The Woman in White, I'll be back nagging you for your May update if I don't see one! :D LOL :D 700 freaking pages though! That's a serious time commitment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I'm counting on you to! Did u ever get my email?

      Delete
  2. Hi, Dee! I love the cover for Dragon's Oath. Can't wait to see your review on it. :)

    WHEW, 700 PAGES. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always nice to have a weekend where you get to read a lot and get a chance to catch up to the books that you have laying around.
    Although my weekend was really busy with school work, I still managed to FINALLY finish A Great and Terrible Beauty, as I mentioned in my post. I am not quite sure if I will manage to read the remaining books from my April TBR that I have yet to finish, since I am really busy with school. But I am glad that I managed to finish that one, because it has been like a black book cloud hanging over my head, waiting to be finished, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! :O just like fargoer was for me! So glad I finished it! Now.,,to review. I a, still mastering the art of reviewing for books that don't jive with you... Lol.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you had a great weekend of reading. Sorry to hear that your post got eaten- I hate when that happens. Hope you are able to finish Fargoer soon. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. 700 pages? You're not undertaking the shortest book then XD Blogger ate your post? It does that? Cruel, cruel blogger.
    Enjoy reading more this week after that reading-crazy weekend! Also Dee (as you entered the giveaway but didn't win) here's Sky Song free on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sky-Song-The-trilogy-ebook/dp/B00B0CQWV8

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!