April 23, 2013

Dragon's Oath, A House of Night Novella (mini-review)




Dragon's Oath
by P.C. Cast

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
  :star :star :star :star :star

This was a really good novella. All the things I love about HON were included in here. Excellent storytelling, mythos, lore, and writing. It was refreshing to get away from Zoey Redbird and co., and to see a different time period. I liked that it was a novella, just enough of a story to renew my interest in this series.

I'll definitely be reading the next novella-- Lenobia's Vow and Hunted, the next book of the series I need to read.

View all my reviews


Are you into novellas? What are your favorite novellas/short stories? I think I want to start reading more...they're perfect for RATs.. ^_^

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

5 comments :

  1. I'm enjoying novellas that tie in with series as they hook you back in. They usually give a different perspective too which can be interesting. HON,I read maybe 4 or 5 of the series but then got bored of it and haven't ever gone back to it. Really enjoyed the first few though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I really enjoyed this though. I'm going to read the next novella asap!

      Delete
  2. I love this series and the novellas I think are an adding YAY factor to them. I don't find many novella's that interest me but I do like short story collections, mainly only for one author, so I wish they did novella's more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not the biggest fan of novellas. I have a highly addictive personality, so when I love something I always want more of it. Novellas are simply just too short for me. It is for this same reason that I am much more of a TV show kinda person than a movie person. Whenever I love something I want as much of it as possible - I am greedy like that, haha ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!