April 11, 2013

Feed My Reader Friday #5


HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!

Before I start my post, I just want to tell you guys I am SO excited about today! I finally finished my training to be a volunteer at the Mid-Valley Regional Library! I get to help with the Friends of the Library Book Sale today from 9-12! Then, after looking through all the books-- I get to pick which ones I want first (before the general public). Isn't that awesome?! I am beyond thrilled. I love used books! And the prices are so cheap--it's unbelievable. I may have to dedicate a post just to the books I buy tomorrow >.<

Feed my reader Friday is a weekly meme hosted by I Am A Reader, Not a Writer . Its a blog hop, so feel free to visit the other blogs on the linky list at the bottom of this post-- for more free ebooks! It showcases all the great books I've fed to my reader during the week (from Netgalley, Amazon freebies, Kobo/iBooks, review & giveaway copies). This week I didn't go to Netgalley; due to me trying to cut back on Netgalley and unclog my TBR list. ;)  So these are all from Amazon, and I won some giveaways and received some in the mail too! 

I try to list a few that are still free at time of post. If they're still free at time of post they have a SF* beside the title. Click the title to be directed to the Amazon Page.

The ones I am MOST excited about this week are two books I won in a giveaway! Saga of the Setti--Rising #1 and Resistance #2. I love winning actual copies of books, especially if they're signed :e I am also excited about Everville, which I received from the author in exchange for an honest review (after my 3 month break/catch up I'm doing).

Rising (Saga of the Setti #1) & Resistance (Saga of the Setti #2) by Stephanie Judice 

Having waited a millennium to return to the fertile feeding ground of earth, the dark giants break through a portal and storm out into the world in the guise of a massive hurricane—famished and fierce. Across the ocean, seventeen-year-old Gabriel Goddard is being plagued by terrifying nightmares about creatures that singe and burn the flesh then absorb the life energy of humans and devour the ashes. A chance meeting with Clara Dunaway immediately distracts Gabe from bad dreams. He has always had a sort of sixth sense—to feel the emotions of others around him. Clara’s presence numbs his other sense, nearly knocking him into a hypnotic state. Bewildered and fascinated, he is lured in by her. When Clara finally confesses that she has a similar gift to see auras around people, a spark flames between them, ignited by a paranormal force. Fate soon reveals that there is a higher purpose for their attraction. Along with Jeremy, the head-bangin’ metal head; Ben, the air-headed golden boy; Melanie, the kind- hearted Creole; and the old hermit named Homer, they must face this enemy as one. Discovering that they are descended from an ancient clan of Norse warriors, they awaken their dormant powers, preparing for the dark giants' imminent invasion of their home. A shadow of darkness veils the land. Will the Setti rise to fulfill their long-awaited destiny?

The Unsuspecting Mage (The Morcythe Saga #1) by Brian S. Pratt (SF*) 

'Magic! Real Magic! Ever wanted to learn? We require someone with intelligence and a disciplined mind. Those well versed in fantasy novels and role playing games a plus. May need to travel.'

Little did James realize when he answered the ad in the paper that he would be thrust into the middle of an adventure that will test the limits of his intelligence and courage. Not given any sort of explanation why he has been brought to this world, James, a high school senior, must discover the reason.

He quickly realizes that he’s able to use the knowledge he gained through the hundreds of books he’s read, as well as the time spent in role playing games to help him along.

The world he’s been brought to is one on the edge of war and only by learning to control the magic within himself will he be able to survive the trials ahead. With the help of a boy named Miko, he sets out across this strange world to discover why he’s there and what he must do.(less)


Jensen hoped she’d never need Shimmerspell again, but now someone is stalking her, someone who claims to be the Lady of the Lake. To make matters worse, witches and dragons have come out to play. And Jensen must figure out how to harness her power and accept her destiny before she ends up losing everyone she loves.











Everville: The First Pillar by Roy Huff (Everville #1) 

Owen Sage is the emblematic college freshman at Easton Falls University. With all the worries about his first year in college, he was not prepared for what would happen next. His way of life was flipped upside down when he mysteriously crossed into another dimension, into the beautiful land of Everville. His excitement was abruptly halted when he discovered that there was a darkness forged against both the natural world, which he knew well, and the new land which he discovered, Everville. He must devise a plan to save both worlds while joining forces with the race of Fron and The Keepers, whom both harbor hidden secrets he must learn in order to gain power over the evil that dwells in The Other In Between. With a race against time to save both worlds, his short time at Easton Falls did not quite prepare him for the evil, dark forces he must fight in order to conquer The Other In Between.

Don't forget to leave a comment! Are you interested in any of these books? Are you going to get any of the free ones? Which books did you get this week that you're excited about?
author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

7 comments :

  1. You are giving to volunteer at your library, love it! Enjoy the book sale, don't buy all the books, leave some to sell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I know right?! :L I can't wait to see what they all have!

      Delete
  2. I'm totally jealous about you getting to help out at your library! One day maybe I'll get to do that. I can't right now. :)

    Looks like you got some good reads! I got a couple from NetGalley and a few others this week (I linked up).

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing job! You're so lucky :) I think that you should definitely make a post of all of the books that you buy! I love seeing what books other people buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm going to! It may have to be a few photos bc they won't fit it one! (Yea, there's that many! :L stay tuned!

      Delete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!