This weekend was the weekend of awesome hosted by Reading In Winter! They're also hosting the Book Bingo Challenge I am doing--it's a great way to read books on your TBR, books released in 2013, series books, and rereads! Go here to see my post on book bingo Book Bingo Reading Challenge .
The "weekend of awesome" was an awesome weekend where you catch up on reading, writing, and blogging. For me, since I don't write-- I caught up on reading and blogging (including entering a ton of giveaways!)
And I'm really glad I did this because it just so happens between library books, books for review, arcs, and giveaway books I'm reading a few books at once. I don't like to do that (well, two at a time is my usual--one book requested for review, another "fun" book from my TBR/Library/etc). This weekend helped me catchup. I decided to sign up for a read-a-thon later this month, hosted by Shelf Confessions (See sidebar button for details and giveaway).
I didn't finish anything (I know, sounds anti-climactic) BUT I did make progress with everything I'm reading.
- First book is The Magic Warble by Victoria Simcox! Does the cover look familiar? Probably because I'm hosting a giveaway right NOW for 3 e copies of this fantasy book for 9-12+ year olds! Is great so far. It reminds me of a mix between Narnia and Wonderland. :Rainbow Seriously. The names, feel, and even illustrations are impeccable. I'm really enjoying it. After you read this post head over to the giveaway here ---http://diamondlovestoread.blogspot.com/2013/04/MagicWarbleGiveaway.html
- I'm reading another great fantasy book called Daughter of Exile. It's a library book, which I am so happy I make time to browse and read library books because you never know what you will find! I'm really loving this book so far. It's a completely detailed and alternate world and I love the characters and names, everything!
- Fargoer by Petteri Hannila is the book I'm currently reading for review. It's interesting, almost like little folk tales back to back. Although the characters are the same, so it is just one story. Each story has a different theme though.
- I know I mentioned that this weekend I caught up on blogging, which included entering giveaways. I love giveaways :e I also decided that I will host a MEGA-GIVEAWAY: for my lovely followers when I reach 200 followers/150 "likes" on facebook (whichever comes first)! I have quite a collection of gently used paperbacks and hardcovers that I've either never read (and probably never will), or have read once but won't read again! So what a better way to thank you guys for following me--than to give away a bunch of books! So please FOLLOW (anyway you like on sidebar!) and tell your friends to follow! I hope to reach 200 soon ^_^
- Here are all the books I've won in Giveaways, and one is from an author (signed) for review [The Sign of the Eagle]. It's a good amount of books for just one month of giveaways, no?!
- That's about it for my weekend of awesome! Stay tuned for more updates on my reading challenges! Dust off your classics and Book Bingo are still going strong! I still need a book recommendation for my Book Bingo "Free" space! Leave a comment below and let me know what book YOU think I should read and why! Are you doing any book challenges or Read-A-Thons? :d