March 20, 2013

Happy Persian New Year! New Year, New Facebook Page!

Happy Persian New Year, (Norouz)! 

It's only fitting that on the New Year Dee's Reads has a new Facebook page!! I'm very excited. It's brand spanking new, so please give us a "like" share the page with others, and check in often! I will post all the new posts from the blog on the Facebook page to keep everyone up to date! So click the badge below (or on sidebar) and get likin' already!

Dee's Reads

Promote Your Page Too

  • I also wanted to post my "mini-review" of The Puzzple of Grandpops by Mark Williams


The Puzzle of Grandpops by Mark Williams


A businessman inherits a mansion and property from his grandfather who died under mysterious circumstances. The suspicious grandson later moves in and investigates the crime personally. Eventually he begins to suspect the household staff and feels he is getting closer to solving the case.
The Puzzle of Grandpops is one of those all-around great mystery reads. I recommend you to plop yourself on your favorite chair with some hot tea/coffee, if it’s raining outside--even better, and read this book in one sitting or a several hour stretch. You’ll want to keep reading right from the start. It wastes no time getting you acquainted with “Grandpops” and pulled into the mystery of his strange death. It’s kind of like a modern Sherlock Holmes. There are some suspicious characters that keep you wondering throughout. Several times I found myself guessing as to the outcome. I admit, I found myself going over the characters in the shower—listing everything suspicious and why/how they could be involved. I’m not typically one for a straight mystery novel, unless it’s coupled with another genre. But this is one exception and I suggest it for anyone who wants a light read, as it’s really fun.
I give The Puzzle of Grandpops 4/5 stars 

(note: image is NOT my own)
author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

2 comments :

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!