Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Would You Rather-- EXTREME BOOK ADDITION!

I've seen a lot of Would You Rather? tags around the blogosphere but this is the EXTREME BOOK EDITION. I've come to a conclusion that I really love when people ask me would you rather this, and would you rather that. It's only fair that I share these questions with the entire blogosphere in hope that you'll guys do it too. 

Would you rather: Break the spine of your book, or spill water on it?

Spill water on it. The worst case with water is the pages become a little soggy and disgusting afterwards but if you've broken the spine, it'll just look bad on your bookshelf and plus it looks deformed. If I could choose neither I would, but that's not how it works. 

You have to destroy your books. How will you choose to get rid of them? Would you rather: Burn them at a bonfire with your friends or take a boat and drop them in the middle of the ocean for the fish? 

Burn them, obviously. IF I CAN'T HAVE THEM, NO ONE CAN NOT EVEN THE FISHS. Plus when we burn the books in a bonfire, we'll be able to toast marshmallows and be warm by the fire. 

Would you rather read books for the rest of your life and nothing else or never read another book again but you're free to try everything in the world?

As much as I love to read and would continue to read, I'm that daring and adventurous person that likes to travel and skydive so it wouldn't make sense for me to stop doing everything else I love to do and to read every single day and every single second of my life. It's a shame I would have to give up books but this is the EXTREME edition and this is the way things have got to be. 

Would you rather never shop at bookstores ever again or never shop for books online ever again? 

I would go with the latter. There's something about shopping at bookstores that gives me this feeling of elation and I'm able to carry all my worries away when I'm surfing the shelves of a bookstore and reading the blurbs, picking the ones I'm going to take home. I can handle no more online book shipping because shipping prices make me nervous. 


What other extreme 'Would You Rather' statements can you think of?  

author image

Alex

is a book-hoarding, binge-eating anime lover that loves to read and write on her free time. When she hasn't got her head stuck in an enthralling fantasy novel, she's outside collecting rocks or re-organizing her bookshelves for the 100th time. Alex also has nightmares of her TBR pile falling down and crushing her underneath.

8 comments :

  1. This is a great extreme edition of this or that. I love it! I think I agree with you - mostly. I would choose to read for the rest of my life because I know that just would not live without reading AT ALL but I agree that I couldn't profusely break the spine of a book, especially since you have to look at it on your spine for the rest of its life, and burn a book - better to make a big, beautiful, warm bonfire out of the poor books - IT FEELS LIKE BLASPHEMY JUST SAYING THAT! - than to chuck them in the ocean. Great post, Alex!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either way they're gone forever lmfao!

      Delete
  2. Some of these questions made me shiver ! I'd rather break the spine of a book than spill water on it, though, I have a friend who's a binder and could mend it artfully ;) I'm with you on buying at bookstores, I love browsing and discovering and chatting with other book lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops, my com went missing ! Here I go again : some of these questions made me shiver ! But I'd rather break the spine of a book than spill water on it, I have a friend who's a binder and who could mend it in such a way you'd never notice it. I'm with you on the real bookstores vs online bookstores :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Please give me ur friends number if this situation ever comes up lol!

      Delete
  4. How fun! Or maybe that's not the right word for it. Maybe more of "Great idea!" I'm with you on these, especially if for #3 you can write stories or experiences from being everywhere and trying everything in the world.

    Love your new look on your blog, btw. I've been so busy I haven't had time to get around as much so I don't know when you made the switch.

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm sure Diamond would really appreciate hearing that. Thanks again for visiting and I'm glad you liked this!

      Delete
    2. aww THANKS TRESSA! YOU’RE SO SWEET <3 I do really appreciate it. I know things have been crazy too the other day when I visited you I was thinking gosh how long it’s been (too long!) but you know we are bloggy friends for life so it’s cool ;) can’t wait for the readathon btw

      Delete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!