Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #17

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme created at Breaking the Spine that introduces books that you're excited to read or for their publication. 

This week's Waiting on Wednesday is featuring... 

Alex's WoW Pick 

Pretending to Be Erica by Michelle Painchaud


Title: Pretending to Be Erica 
Author: Michelle Painchaud
Pages: 272 pages 
Published: July 21st, 2015 
Genre: Mystery and YA Action Thriller

We Were Liars meets Heist Society in a riveting debut! 

Seventeen-year-old Violet's entire life has resolved around one thing: becoming Erica Silverman, an heiress kidnapped at age five and never seen again. 

Violet's father, the best con man in Las Vegas, has a plan, chilling in its very specific precision. Violet shares a blood type with Erica; soon, thanks to surgery and blackmail, she has the same face, body, DNA. She knows every detail of the Silvermans' lives, as well as the PTSD she will have to fake around them. And then, when the time is right, she "reappears" -- Erica Silverman, brought home by some kind of miracle. 

But she is also Violet, and she has a job: Stay long enough to steal the Silverman Painting, an Old Master legendary in the Vegas crime world. Walking a razor's edge, calculating every decision, not sure sometimes who she is or what she is doing it for, Violet is an unforgettable heroine, and Pretending to Be Erica is a killer debut. 

More info here: Goodreads

The girls from Novel Ink are always dependable and lovely and I remember one of them mentioning that they were excited about this book. I looked it up on Goodreads then next day and fell in love with the plot of this book. It's not every day you come across a book with a devious plot and scenario. I thought this sounded brilliant. Hope you all think so too! 

Diamond's WoW Pick

Blood Passage by Heather Demetrios 

Title: Blood Passage (Dark Caravan Cycle #2)
Author: Heather Demetrios
Pages: 496 pages
Date of Expected Publication: March 1, 2016
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Genre: Fantasy / Romance 

A jinni who's lost everything.
A master with nothing to lose.
A revolutionary with everything to gain.
When Nalia arrives in Morocco to fulfil Malek's third and final wish she's not expecting it to be easy. Though Nalia is free from the shackles that once bound her to Malek as his slave, she's in more danger than ever before.
Meanwhile, Malek's past returns with a vengeance as he confronts the darkness within himself, and Raif must decide what's more important: his love for Nalia, or his devotion to the cause of Arjinnan freedom.
Set upon by powerful forces that threaten to break her, Nalia encounters unexpected allies and discovers that her survival depends on the very things she thought made her weak. From the souks of Marrakech to the dunes of the Sahara, The Arabian Nights come to life in this dazzling second installment of the Dark Passage Cycle.
More info here: Goodreads Link

I am really really anticipating this!! Ever since I read Exquisite Captive, and then fangirl'd over it hardcover and even did a dream casting of the book I can't help but daydream about what will happen to Nalia in Blood Passage. I really feel a sort of anticipation and also kind of dread because I don’t think it’s going to be a rosy sequel, I have a feeling there’s going to be some hard choices…and of course, blood. *gulp*

What are YOU waiting on?

author image

Alex

is a book-hoarding, binge-eating anime lover that loves to read and write on her free time. When she hasn't got her head stuck in an enthralling fantasy novel, she's outside collecting rocks or re-organizing her bookshelves for the 100th time. Alex also has nightmares of her TBR pile falling down and crushing her underneath.

10 comments :

  1. Pretending To Be Erica was also in one of my WOW posts! I am also excited for it!
    My WoW: http://booknauthors.blogspot.com/2015/07/waiting-on-wednesday-madness-so.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty excited for Blood Passage also! I saw on Demterios's website that there will be a new cover and I can't wait to see it (as I'm not such a fan of this cover as I was for the first installment)!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I really loved the first cover..but this one was “meh” .. where is the Arabic writing??!?!? LOL I spent like an hour trying to read the small print before I tweeted the author and she told me it was only partially accurate the rest was made up words HAHAHA :$ d’oh!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Great pick! These ones sound good. By the way, I love your blog design! It's so pretty.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Krystianna!!! <3 <3 Still working on it a bit, but I’m soo glad you like it :L

      Delete
  4. A mix of Heist Society and We Were Liars - two great books. I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks -- these both sound so good! I love the cover and premise for Pretending to Be Erica, especially!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!