Monday, July 06, 2015

My Thoughts: Bookish Nail Art

It's no surprise to anyone in my family or at my school that I love painting my nails. It's more of a hobby now and at least two times a week, my room smells of nail polish and remover. The smell is something commonplace to me now and it's also like a form of self-expression. I imagine it as my nails are a blank canvas and my tools and nail paints are my paint brushes and paint pots. This post is dedicated to some of the great bookish nail art I've seen over the years.



First off... 

Let's talk about a blogger and nail artist that has inspired me to create bookish nail designs. 
The Bookish Manicurist
Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist has created a blog dedicated to her love for books and nail art. I will show some examples down below but I admire her work because she does a different design for all the reviews of books that she posts. 



Aren't these pictures amazing???!!!???

My favorite one is the Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell because it's so detailed and complex. I didn't even know you could draw faces with nail polish. I usually use dotting tools or nail art pens. Sometimes when I'm bored, I spend my time looking through her nail art designs and swooning over her awesome book reviewing skills. She's a great book reviewer who I often go to for reading recommendations. Don't forget to check out The Bookish Manicurist's blog! She deserves all the love for her hard work with her awesome nail designs.

Anyone else do their nails based on book covers? 
author image

Alex

is a book-hoarding, binge-eating anime lover that loves to read and write on her free time. When she hasn't got her head stuck in an enthralling fantasy novel, she's outside collecting rocks or re-organizing her bookshelves for the 100th time. Alex also has nightmares of her TBR pile falling down and crushing her underneath.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!