June 16, 2015

Top 10 Books On My/Our TBR this Summer

Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted @ The Broke & The Bookish. Check it out and please comment with your links if you participated. 

This week I definitely had to participate because I just couldn't resist coming up with a great Top 10 TBR for myself this summer. Usually I try for some light airy reads…and although I am not a contemporary reader—as contemporary as I get will happen this summer. Lately I have been on a major adult book kick, especially historical fiction. It has been over a year since I really got in the groove and I am taking full advantage of the fact that my bookshelves are ready… :$ I also really want to finish some series so I can start anew!

Top Ten Books On the TBR For Summer 2015


Dee's Summer TBR


Court of Thorns and Roses

Order of Darkness #3 Fools' Gold

Heartless

The Book of Life

On The Fence

Dreams of a Dark Warrior

Empire of Night

Belladonna

The Wondrous and the Wicked

A Mad, Wicked, Folly


Alex's Summer TBR


Too many books, so little time! xD 

The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken 


Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell


The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare


Every Last Breath by Jennifer L. Armentrout


The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

(Need to start this series finallyyyyy...)

The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West

I want, I need, I love...

The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows


I Am the Messenger by Marcus Zusak


The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon


Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

What's on YOUR TBR for this summer? Do you normally read a certain genre in summer?

-Diamond & Alex

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

5 comments :

  1. I don't really read genres by the season as I like to switch it up all year round. ACOTAR is on my wishlist for the summer but realistically I probably won't get to it till later in the year. I'm very curious about it though. And I have some Phillipa Gregory books that I do hope to read soon, I'm loving historical fiction too.
    And yay Alex, glad to see Cinder on there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got to get to ACOTAR. It's one of Sarah J Maas' best. I'm so glad that I put Cinder on here too because the last book is coming out and I need to have started the series before i read that :D

      Delete
    2. Yeah I don't really read contemporary at all — but I TRY harder in the summer lol. :r weird, I know. You gotta join me in my historical fiction kick lately. I wanna read some Gregory and some (more) Kearsley. I just read Mariana and LOVED IT. Going to write my review soon..ah which reminds me I need to finish reviewing Midsummer Night's Dream. Did you already finish Handmaid's Tale? bc I haven't even started the next classic yet! I need to do that…I should at least decide tonight lol :O

      Delete
  2. Great lists! Can't wait to see what Dee thinks of ACoTaR and like Alex I will be reading the Fill In Boyfriend soon.
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!