Monday, April 27, 2015

Bookstagram | And Why You Should Do It

Instagram is a major social media platform that allows you to share your life, loves, and hobbies in the form of pictures. I started Instagram during late December and early January, and it's been a great experience for me so far. I love the community and, on my free time, I wander around other Bookstagram accounts. My instagram is @thebooksbuzz, so check me out! Okay, so here are some reasons that will magically convince you into joining the world of Instagram. 

1. Take some awesome pictures!
The best part of taking photos and posting them on Instagram is using filters, camera settings, and stickers to jazz up the photos. There are just an endless amount of ways to set up the books to make them look fancy and just plain saucesome! For this precise photo, I used the app aillis to add the sticker and create this white background. The book featured is The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski. 

2. Meet fellow booklovers
There are tons and tons of other booklovers and fandom accounts you can follow and see their pictures as well. These are just some of the followers I follow, that follow me back as well. 95% of the people I follow are booklovers and fandom accounts, haha. What did you expect? 

3. Join giveaways exclusive for Instagram
Most of the giveaways on Instragram only require you to repost and be a follower. To me, that's so simple and easy to do. I especially love the accounts that take the time and precision to take a nice picture and get their giveaway going! 

4. Do some bookish tags
I was tagged by my friend to do the #seaofbooks tag, and I had so much fun recreating a sea of books! Primarily on Instagram when you're tagged to do a tag, you should do it, but I haven't been up to date on the tags I need to complete. There are also some tags I just can't even complete. Other tags include: #bookandnecklace, #bookandcandy, #bookrainbow, and a lot others. 

5. Gain more exposure for your blog
I use my Instagram account to connect my Instagram followers with my blog. This is such a great way to gain more followers because of their interest in books and learning more about them coincides with my interests. 

Do you have a Bookstagram/Instagram? Why do you enjoy doing it? If you don't, what are you waiting for?



author image

Alex

is a book-hoarding, binge-eating anime lover that loves to read and write on her free time. When she hasn't got her head stuck in an enthralling fantasy novel, she's outside collecting rocks or re-organizing her bookshelves for the 100th time. Alex also has nightmares of her TBR pile falling down and crushing her underneath.

21 comments :

  1. I have a Instagram its kaysworld1 for my dogs and books. 📚📖🐕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg ur so luck u have dogs <3 I'm gonna follow

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love bookstagram! I joined a few months ago as downrightdystopian and I've loved it ever since. It's so fun! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGG I've got to start following u.. although I think I do already. it's so much fun right?? Aww I'm glad u love it!

      Delete
  3. Bookstagram is so fun! I just started a month ago and I'm LOVING it (:

    Great post <3 and I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup I adore bookstagram and have met some of the BEST people through there! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm so glad. I don't think i follow u so I will have to get on that!

      Delete
  5. I'm hooked already and it has rapidly become my favourite social media platform. And I'm loving how many other bookish people I am finding on there too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are so many extraordinary accounts on there! I need to check our urs :P

      Delete
  6. I love bookstagram! I'm not very active on twitter, so I feel like I miss out on a lot there. Bookstagram makes up for it though, AND has the advantage of having pretty pictures too!
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twitter and Instagram are both my favs <3 Glad ur enjoying it Beth :D

      Delete
  7. I bookstagram, funny thing is I never knew what it was after a while of doing it haha. I'm otakufutago :) I'll follow you! (your pictures are so beautiful!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely give you a follow back. Sorry for the late reply, didn't see this comment in my inbox!

      Delete
  8. i started bookstagram this year and am enjoying it so far! i'm hoping to learn more and meet more people! i learn so much about new books by doing so! i'm @lindzadsfan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's probably the best part of bookstagram! I'll be sure to give you a follow if I haven't already!

      Delete
  9. I have just set up my bookstagram recently as im just done with hight school. Would anyone check me out and give me some advice to make it better?
    My bookstagram : summer.reads_

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  10. Im thinking of starting one in order to find more bookaholics like me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My bookstagram is @areaderscharm because readers are some of the most charming people you'll ever meet ��

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just started bookstagram @_queenofthebooks_

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!