Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Hidden Hobbies: Polymer Clay Crafting

I was recently suggested by Diamond that I should do a post on this because it's recently been one of my crazy obsessions in life. I work with Polymer Clay and before you say, "what is this?", well I'm going to explain it in great detail. Polymer clay is a soft media material that can be molded, shaped, and backed to 230 degrees to harden and become a charm. You can also glaze them to make them shinier. I've been using my polymer clay modeling skills to make some bookish related things. I will leave pictures down below and everything shown is something that I made!


1. Angelic Rune Necklace (Not my original idea)
- made with starter black clay and shaped into the angelic rune
- dusted with silver and black tinsel perlex poweder to create the rustic feel 
- inserted two eyepins and attached the necklace chain 

2. Princess Belle Chibi (Anime-styled Character) 
- First I constructed the head and the body using a peach skin-colored clay 
- Wrapped the dress around her body and added hair 
- added the eyepins and baked 
- Painted some eyes and a mouth 

3. Nutella Inspired Ring (Not my original idea)
- I constructed the body of the nutella jar and the top 
- Printed a nutella logo to fit the jar and pasted it on with glaze after it was baked 
- Attached it to ring base to make it into a ring 

4. Ice Cream Penguin
- Started making a plain penguin (everything is made of clay here including the eyes and the nose)
- constructed the icing on the top of the head with a mint colored clay

Art it Up! A feature by Tabitha @ Not Yet Read


Do you guys have any creative hobbies? Care to share down below! 





author image

Alex

is a book-hoarding, binge-eating anime lover that loves to read and write on her free time. When she hasn't got her head stuck in an enthralling fantasy novel, she's outside collecting rocks or re-organizing her bookshelves for the 100th time. Alex also has nightmares of her TBR pile falling down and crushing her underneath.

2 comments :

  1. I used to play with this material in my crafty days. It was a fun way to relax and a good creative medium.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!