March 19, 2015

{ARC} Graphic Novel Review: Samurai Jack, Vol. 3: Quest for the Broken Blade

Title: Samurai Jack, Vol. 3: Quest for the Broken Blade

Source: eARC via Netgalley | Diamond Book Dist.

My Rating: 4 of 5 stars :star :star :star :star

Publisher: IDW Publishing

Length: 120 pages

Date of Publication: March 31st, 2015

After the Threads of Time failed to return Jack back to the past, he searches for a new way to return to his rightful era. But will Jack be willing to risk his magical blade in order to open a new portal to the past? Collects issues #11–15.


My Review

I received a copy of this graphic novel from the publisher in exchange for my honest opinion. 

Samurai Jack is just one of those amazing things that you come across in life. Hopefully you know who Samurai Jack is…If you don't, you need to go do a google search asap after reading this review :D Samurai Jack was an amazing cartoon on Cartoon Network created by Genndy Tartarvoksy (which I maybe spelled wrong). Since the cartoon ended fans like me have been stuck watching reruns on Netflix.

When the graphic novels came out I was definitely interested. For whatever reason though, I never got a chance to pick up a volume until this one. I was a little worried because I was jumping in at Volume 3, but I had no reason to fear. I felt like I picked up the story right away and honestly wouldn't have known it was volume 3 if it wasn't on the cover. So for those of you worried about that—don't be! In fact, this volume had a LOT of action and kept me on edge. I read it so fast, too. Which is amazing because it takes me so long to read a novel these days. Which is why I have lately been turning to so many graphic novels. They keep me interested and I can finish one fast because I often only have 10 minutes to read at a time.

Some basic things you'll find in Samurai Jack:

-His kick ass samurai sword

-Villians...or should I say villain…Aku. The baddest and most hilarious villain of all time


-Tons of action and sword fights! Jack is badass..


So I hope these gifs give you a taste of what you can visually expect in the graphic novel. Because, let's be honest, that's the best part of graphic novels. The graphics can make or break them! In this case the story and the graphics were equally amazing. I loved that. 

I recommend this graphic novel to lovers of Samurai Jack. 
I also recommend this graphic novel to those who love action, adventure, excellent graphics, and amazing storytelling. 

-Diamond

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

1 comment :

  1. Loving the gifs, lol. And I do know Samurai Jack - no say in the matter, my son loves him - and I think he's pretty awesome. Haven't seen the graphic novels, but they'd make a nice surprise for a certain little boy... Thanks for sharing, Dee. I'm really loving your review :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!