Thursday, January 15, 2015

Confession Post: Books I "mean" to read but never seem to get to

SO I read the recent Broke & the Bookish meme about the Top 10 books You Meant to Read but Didn't Get To. I thought to myself....I have (easily) 10 books from 2014 I didn't get to. Problem is I have WAY more. I have books that I want to include from earlier years. I feel like it's important to cop to the fact that I don't know what most of you loves fangirl over since I haven't read shit. (ok, I know I'm being melodramatic, but just look at some of these first.

It's lately been kind of embarrassing and shameful when I visit the lovely blogs I follow. Why? because I feel like I haven't read ANY of the great books everyone else has read and series that everyone follows (except me) :c Am I being overdramatic? Yes. Do I really need to make a point to read more of the old books that are sitting on my shelf? Definitely.

KEEP IN MIND THAT I OWN ALL OF THESE BOOKS. MOST OF THEM ARE PHYSICALLY SITTING ON MY SHELF. :c

Adult Books 




These three are part of series I desperately want to finish, and will

Young Adult 

Here's some of the ones I really wanted to read these last year 2014 



These are just SOME of the many books I've been wanting to read for so long 
it's embarrassing..I feel like they're probably so good *cries* will i ever read them? xP




THRONE OF GLASS 

*can't find my picture* 

DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHY THIS IS A CONFESSION POST YET?
*RUNS AND HIDES*

What's weird is that I read over 100 books a year. How do I read that many but still don't really read many books I buy? That's pretty bad. I want to change that this year, as much as possible. I will obviously read current books too, so I guess I'm kind of winging it this year. I don't really have a solid plan because my current plan includes these books it's just a matter of me not rushing or feeling pressure to put review books over all others...which is why I'm requesting and downloading way less. wish me luck though because that is hard as hell xP

Discussion: Does this happen to you? Or are you pretty good about reading the books you buy / sit on your shelf?

If you had the power to COMMAND me to read ONE book of these listed: which would you pick?


author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

22 comments :

  1. I get you, Diamond! If anything, it's mostly adult books that are suffering when it comes to me. I've built up such a collection of adult lit that I'm dying to get to but I've been spending so much time clearing up YA and it just doesn't leave me with that much space. BUT this year I'm going to try and squeeze more in. Had a look at YA that you've missed. Do Raven Boys first and leave the rest. I'M KIDDING <3333333 (but oh so serious haha) AND THE BOOK OF LIFE HOLY. DIAMONDD!!!! THAT BOOK THOUGH, I LOVED IT. I need to get to Mistborn as well though!

    2015 is all about front list books for me though. I'm not clearing the backlist this year. Not enough time, unfortunately :(((

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. I haven't read most of these either.. It always makes me feel a bit left out :P

    I've read some of the YA you've mentioned and Dead Until Dark but other like Outlander, The Young Elites, Splintered, etc I also haven't read...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like feeling that way lol :c But Outlander is one that's killing me I saw the first episode it was so good I really wanna read the book! I think Im' going to read The Young Elites fairly soon though too

      Delete
  3. I always have soooo many books to read, so it's inevitable that I won't get to all of them at the end of the year. You are not alone! My favorite books that you mentioned are The Firebird, The Raven Boys, Grave Mercy, and Clockwork Angel, so I'd say they're all good choices. For The Firebird, though, I would say you should wait until you've read Shadowy Horses. Technically, The Firebird is a sequel to The Winter Sea, but I think you'll get more enjoyment from it after reading Shadowy Horses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Sarah I HAVE read The Winter Sea~! It was SO good!! That's why I really want to get to it. Plus I want to read more Adult books this year :D I read so much middle grade last year for some reason lol xP
      I will definitely put Shadowy Horses on my TBR though!

      Delete
  4. Yes, this happens to me, i see in tumblr or goodreads a lot people talking about the same book, images and cool edit, and i put them in my Wishlist or i buy it, but i not read it, I read others books, or i dont know what happen o.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly! It's SO frustrating!! It's like, oh yeah...I have that book! sitting there...for two years...lmao

      Delete
  5. I don't even want to look at the unread books on my shelf. The thing is, I bought them because I was entranced by the bargain prices they were at. Probably not the best thing, to be honest. I have to go through them and clean out my shelf sometime, even though it pains me.

    If I had the power... I would recommend Throne of Glass! :D I adore that series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS painful…I feel your pain! hah that's funny you don't even look at them. I have them all on one giant bookshelf so it's hard not to ignore it because it's in my living room. I feel too mean putting all the new shiny books in boxes and hiding them away (like I do with my read books that jus don't fit ) lol whoops ;)

      Delete
  6. Read Fangirl!! It is so good. I have a couple of those books on my Kindle as well, but I just haven't read them. Ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fangirl does look so cute. I just so rarely get in the contemporary mood...but I have to obey your power... :b lol

      Delete
  7. Ugh yea I have the same problem. I want to read this book and that book and I say I'll read this book and that book but I never will <.< I actually planned to read Legend in 2012 and whelp...it's 2015 already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I SO know what you mean! Where does the time go?! seriously! I haven't read Legend either but I think Young Elites looks better for me, I just stay away from Dystopian books if I can, unless it's a few series I do like. :D

      Delete
  8. Don't worry I always feel like I'm playing catch up with everyone else too. Last year I rediscovered how much I love psychological thrillers and that made me fall even further behind on all the YA series I want to read. If only reading was a paid!
    And I'm trying to take on less review books but they tempt me so much too! So it's hard. So far this year I've added no more books to any of my piles though so hopefully that will help :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really!?!? wow you're doing great then for this year! I just had my birthday so I got 3 books already from friends and will probably get more on tuesday (the actual day) but I can't complain about that! haha. :O Taking on less review books is definitely something I did last year and want to do this year too…I have a lot but actually when I looked at the spreadsheet they're pretty spread out between Jan and April/ May so phew :i that's good.

      Delete
    2. Dont' praise me too much! There is only 20 days of the year gone :O

      Delete
  9. LOL a lot of these books have been sitting on my TBR pile for quite a while as well. You're farther ahead than me with the Deborah Harkness series. I still need to read book two. Been avoiding it since the first book seemed like it took me forever to trek through. Her writing felt dense. I also have quite a few Susanna Kearsley and Neil Gaiman books (including the ones you showed) sitting on the pile as well. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she does write kinda dense, I know what you mean. I felt like that about the second book but once I got into it It actually flew by way faster than the others! Gaiman is awesome…I read a lot of his books this past year I just really want to read a few more and finish the Sandman series too( ok, I think that's unlikely, but at least read Vol 3 which I got for xmas) that's a better goal..set 'em low. lol

      Delete
  10. We've all pretty much got a list of books we've been meaning to read but just never get around too. I know one of the reads i'm still regretting not picking up earlier (but still never get around to picking up is, Code Name Varity *hides*)

    That being said Trial By Fire and Kiss of Deception are two 2014 favourites so I definitely recommend picking those two up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh really!? I heard some mixed things about kiss of deception but yeah I still want to read it :D It makes me feel a lot better that I'm not the only one who feels like left out lol

      Delete
  11. I'm so there with you! I feel like I have a solid twenty that have been in the "not right away next, but after that" spot on the TBR pile! Like if I get stuck with a blizzard, they will definitely be the books I turn to, doh! I'm aiming to request less this year so hopefully I'll have time to read from my shelves! Also *cough* Way of Kings is terrifying but so so so good! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! That's totally something I do too, except I don't have blizzards where I live (anymore) lol. Sometimes there's rain…I cannot complain as SoCal is like the best weather but i gotta admit I miss those cold and snowy or rainy stormy days because It's just so cozy to get stuck inside with a book! :8

      Delete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!