November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving! What I'm thankful for..


I wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. It may seem like an unusual holiday for my non-American friends, and I get that. Basically, it's a day where you spend time with family / close friends and eat a lot of good comfort food (turkey + mashed potatoes + pumpkin pie = heaven!)  Another important part of the Thankgiving Day tradition is to reflect on all that we have to be thankful for.  
So if you celebrate I hope you enjoy your thanksgiving and hopefully you also have off work! ^_^ If you don't celebrate, I hope you enjoy your day and if you decide to reflect on what you have to be thankful for-- you may be surprised about how uplifting that can be. It always seems to cheer me up
Plus, pie...


I wanna stand up and share a few of the things 

I'm thankful for..

  • My family, friends, and all around awesome support system.
  • My health! (Especially this year, it's the first year I haven't had a lupus flare on thanksgiving!)
  • My little pumpkin pie, aka more commonly referred to as my cat Sasha.
  • Being able to celebrate and spend the day with my mom and my mom's side of the family, and hopefully being able to talk to my brother and other family members that live far away :L
  • Having a full time job I enjoy 
  • I'm able to pursue new goals
  • The opportunity to be able to attend grad school
  • New friends
  • The fact that I'm being more proactive about my health and doing more than the minimum
  • A great year of blogging and forging new relationships via the blogosphere! Seriously...I love you guys! My followers and bookish friends "get" me in a way most people who surround me everyday don't. How fulfilling and awesome is that?! 


As you can see there's a lot I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving. There are some more but this post is long enough and you guys get the picture. I'm a fortunate person.

Thank YOU for reading my post(s), following my blog, and just being awesome. *cheers* 


Love, Diamond 



[ P.S. - Don't forget my giveaway is still going on for a copy of A Thousand Pieces of You (US) :k ]


author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

9 comments :

  1. I'm going to have a grand Thanksgiving :party . Wonderful post though! And Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving ! I was just browsing by and stumbled upon your lovely blog! It has really interesting and informative posts that I enjoyed xD Hope you check out my blog? Keep in touch x

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always so lovely to look at your life and remind yourself of the things you're grateful for! Sometimes, we forget how precious they are. Hope you have a lot of fun, and happy thanksgiving! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a fab day and are enjoying the long weekend :) I love the thanksgiving tradition, it's so nice to have a day to reflect on all the positive things in your life. Sounds like your life is pretty great right now which is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naw this is such a sweet post :D Happy belated Thanksgiving to you too, luv! <33

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I wanted to do a Thanksgiving post and then time just got away from me. There are so many things I'm thankful for :) Loved your post!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!