I wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. It may seem like an unusual holiday for my non-American friends, and I get that. Basically, it's a day where you spend time with family / close friends and eat a lot of good comfort food (turkey + mashed potatoes + pumpkin pie = heaven!) Another important part of the Thankgiving Day tradition is to reflect on all that we have to be thankful for.
So if you celebrate I hope you enjoy your thanksgiving and hopefully you also have off work! ^_^ If you don't celebrate, I hope you enjoy your day and if you decide to reflect on what you have to be thankful for-- you may be surprised about how uplifting that can be. It always seems to cheer me up
I wanna stand up and share a few of the things
I'm thankful for..
- My family, friends, and all around awesome support system.
- My health! (Especially this year, it's the first year I haven't had a lupus flare on thanksgiving!)
- My little pumpkin pie, aka more commonly referred to as my cat Sasha.
- Being able to celebrate and spend the day with my mom and my mom's side of the family, and hopefully being able to talk to my brother and other family members that live far away :L
- Having a full time job I enjoy
- I'm able to pursue new goals
- The opportunity to be able to attend grad school
- New friends
- The fact that I'm being more proactive about my health and doing more than the minimum
- A great year of blogging and forging new relationships via the blogosphere! Seriously...I love you guys! My followers and bookish friends "get" me in a way most people who surround me everyday don't. How fulfilling and awesome is that?!
As you can see there's a lot I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving. There are some more but this post is long enough
and you guys get the picture. I'm a fortunate person.
Thank YOU for reading my post(s), following my blog, and just being awesome. *cheers*
[ P.S. - Don't forget my giveaway is still going on for a copy of A Thousand Pieces of You (US) :k ]