September 18, 2014

The TBR Tag - I was tagged!

Jess @ My Reading Dress tagged me for the TBR tag. As you may know, I sometimes like to do these tags, just to mix things up and have fun :e This TBR tag was created by Rachel and Dana @ Dana Square

1. How do you keep track of your TBR? 

Goodreads is my best friend. I use it to keep track, because there's no better way for me to keep it straight. I also keep a short list in my head of the next 5 review and fun books to read. That way I kinda know what is coming up soon so I can anticipate accurately lol ;) 



2. Is your TBR mostly print or Ebook?

I'd have to say print. Although I do have most of my ebooks shelves as well, the majority is print as I read print books more often. Ebooks are usually review copies, unless I get something on sale on iBooks or kindle :O (which happens periodically). 





3. How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next? 


Well, if it's a review book I pretty much have that planned out via chronological order, or pub date. I try to read close to pub date, but if I don't feel like reading it I just pick one that's been published already but I haven't gotten to yet. Seems to be the best way to do it so there's less pressure on me. As for the books I read for leisure, I choose based on my mood. There's nothing I like better than having no idea what to read next, nothing planned, 
and just sitting and sifting through my bookshelves and choosing based on whatever strikes my fancy :O


4. A book that has been on your TBR the longest?

Pride & Prejudice has been on my GR TBR the longest. I really need to get to that one, I love Austen, just haven't gotten to that one yet :$ 




5. A book you've recently added to your TBR? 

Hmm, there's a lot recently added (ok, I'm always adding, like, daily..but still).. I recently added Phantom Evil by Heather Graham because it was book of the week on iBooks! Also, it came highly recommended by Kim @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer




6. A book in your TBR because of it's beautiful cover? 

Oh, there are so many! But one that comes to mind is Let the Sky Fall. I added it because of the cover alone, even bought it paperback bc it was pink :$ I just love it, but I have no idea if the book is any good lol. Heard some mixed 
things about it.




7. A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading? 


Well I like to think I plan on reading all of them but after glancing at my TBR, I did find a weird random one I don't think I'll ever get to. It's 10th in a series I've never read, I have the hardcover somewhere I need to put in my giveaway/donate pile. The Witch in the Well.

8. An unpublished book from your TBR that you're excited for?

Oh this is an easy one. Definitely Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan. Dying for that one! :e IS IT OCTOBER YET?!?!




9. A book in your TBR that everyone recommends to you? 


Oh, there are a ton of books I'm late on the bandwagon for. In fact, that's even a shelf on my GR lol. Alice in Zombieland is the one I recently got because it's been recommended to me SO many times! 




10. Number of books in my TBR? 


No judgement. Right?! I have a total of 603 books on my to-read shelf. This is after I went through and deleted a bunch, even. Guess I better keep reading, eh? ;)








And now I tag:




author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

10 comments :

  1. I love your answers, Dee! Alice in Zombieland recently entered my TBR as well...I'll get there (& so will you) We're all in this journey together hahaha!

    Jess @ MyReadingDress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, hell yea we are! >.< definitely. And yeah, I know I'll get to it...,eventually... :P

      Delete
  2. You Tagged me!

    I am super excited. I am a little embarrassed to admit this, but I have never been tagged by a book blogging thing...ever! (That I know about.)

    I will let you know when I post this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, gotcha!! Lol xP I'm so glad I'm the first person who tagged you haha! It's pretty fun, looking forward to your post Michelle

      Delete
  3. Thanks for tag, a lot of fun. http://blkosiner.blogspot.com/2014/09/tbr-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Brandi ! Wasn't it tho?! Lol :O

      Delete
  4. Yay, lovely picks!! I'm so glad you did the tag and hope you enjoyed it! :) I really want to read Let The Sky Fall!!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! It was really really fun :party !

      Delete
  5. I got tagged too and you reminded me that I need to write my post!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, yeah it's funny I was gonna tag u then I read some other blogs post and they tagged u already xP haha glad I reminded u!

      Delete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!