September 5, 2014

Mini Review: The Wide Window (A Series of Unfortunate Events #3) by Lemony Snicket

The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket
Source: Paperback (my collection)
My rating: 3 of 5 stars :star :star :star



I enjoyed this third installment in A Series of Unfortunate Events. It seems like all the books follow the same sort of storyline. Things go ok in the start, then they encounter Count Olaf in disguise, their guardian doesn't listen to them or see him for who he truly is, and they become scared. Then, Count Olaf attempts to murder their guardian and get the children for his own in order to gain their fortune. This has happened in every single book so far in the series.


While I like these books, they're short and easy to read, it seems like the story is repeating itself at this point. :|| I really hope the next one veers off the path a bit because otherwise I'm not sure I can handle so many books that all end the same way... However, it was an enjoyable read. Not miraculous, but fun all the same :tup


author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

2 comments :

  1. I've heard a lot about Lemony Snicket's books, but actually haven't read them yet! Recently I discovered my school library has a few of the A Series of Unfortunate Events series, though, so I suspect I'll be remedying that soon :D

    I'm sorry it felt like the book's plot was just repeating the other books! It reminds a bit of some TV series, usually the ones for kids, which sort of recycle the same thing in every episode but are still fun to watch. Glad you still enjoyed it, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemony Snicket's series were some of the books that really got me into reading in middle school! The series is so fun for kids getting into reading!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!