June 9, 2014

Book Review: Promise of Shadows by Justina Ireland


Promise of Shadows by Justina Ireland
Source: eARC via Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars :star :star :star :star


Awesome! ^_^

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Promise of Shadows was a very unique read. It was slow in the beginning. The world and mythology was a lot to take in at first, and keeping everything straight was a little overwhelming. But the main character, Zephyr, was an awesome one. She's a very determined, powerful girl but aware of her own flaws. It's also great to have two hot guys but no love triangle. Super refreshing. :L

I don't have too much else to say about this mythology-inclined book. If you, like me, are a fellow lover of mythology - you'll love this book. :tup It's filled with bad gods, harpies, and darkness. 

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

2 comments :

  1. This one is on my tbr, so I'm glad you really liked it. I saw that you really didn't like a couple others on my list (The Taking and Sea of Shadows). I normally grab most of HarperTeen's books, but it is so hard to know what will really be good. I'll have to see if I agree with you. :)

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally right Tressa! Wow i thought I replied way earlier lmao >,> Anyway you're totally right I can't even get every title I like at HarperTeen bc i have no time and it's easy to get overloaded. I DID love this one a lot.
      I do plan on reading the sequel to the taking which is on EW now. :D I'm hoping I'll like it more

      Delete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!