Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #10


Waiting On Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. It's a chance to discuss and share the upcoming book releases we are excited for! 

I'm really excited for Kimberly Derting's newest series, The Taking. I'm so intrigued by the blurb, cover, and it just sounds amazing. I haven't read her other series, although I do own the first books in both series. My goal is to read one of her books before this comes out. I've heard so many great things about her as an author. Plus, memory loss books are always interesting! :P

Expected Publication - April 29, 2014 by Harper Teen.

A flash of white light . . . and then . . . nothing. 

When sixteen-year-old Kyra Agnew wakes up behind a Dumpster at the Gas ’n’ Sip, she has no memory of how she got there. With a terrible headache and a major case of déjà vu, she heads home only to discover that five years have passed . . . yet she hasn’t aged a day.

Everything else about Kyra’s old life is different. Her parents are divorced, her boyfriend, Austin, is in college and dating her best friend, and her dad has changed from an uptight neat-freak to a drunken conspiracy theorist who blames her five-year disappearance on little green men.

Confused and lost, Kyra isn’t sure how to move forward unless she uncovers the truth. With Austin gone, she turns to Tyler, Austin’s annoying kid brother, who is now seventeen and who she has a sudden undeniable attraction to. As Tyler and Kyra retrace her steps from the fateful night of her disappearance, they discover strange phenomena that no one can explain, and they begin to wonder if Kyra’s father is not as crazy as he seems. There are others like her who have been taken . . . and returned. Kyra races to find an explanation and reclaim the life she once had, but what if the life she wants back is not her own?


author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

8 comments :

  1. ooooh, The Taking sound goooood. Thanks for introducing me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! I'm looking forward to it :tup Glad I could introduce it to you!

      Delete
  2. Love Derting! Can't wait for this one either, sounds sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read it. I've only read The Body Finder, and really enjoyed that. Haven't read The Pledge yet either, but I've read some good reviews on it. :) Great pick & Happy New Year!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I heard that The Body Finder was really good! I want to read it :)

      Delete
  4. Ooo, The Taking! I have this book from Edelweiss. I've read book of the Body Finders series, and The Pledge, but that's it! Derting has so many books out, and I've only read TWO! Hopefully making that three though :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Happy New Year!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the eARC too! I'm super excited to read it
      :) I have her other books but I just haven't read them lol! xP

      Delete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!