Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #9

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine

This week I'm super excited about Resistance by Jenna Black. I read the first book, Replica earlier this year. I'm not usually a fan of dystopias but I actually really liked this one. It had elements of a murder mystery -- it was refreshing to have the genres combined like that. I also loved the futuristic society that had developed. 
America turned into basically huge corporations who replaced the democratic system. Capitalism at it's finest ;) 
I can say as a Political science major this is totally foreseeable..something I have often dreaded and daydreamed in my undergrad studies.. o_O

Expected Publication: March 2014 
Tor Teen 

Resistance is the second installment in acclaimed author Jenna Black’s YA SF romance series.

Nate Hayes is a Replica.

The real Nate was viciously murdered, but thanks to Paxco’s groundbreaking human replication technology, a duplicate was created that holds all of the personality and the memories of the original. Or...almost all. Nate’s backup didn't extend to the days preceding his murder, leaving him searching for answers about who would kill him, and why. Now, after weeks spent attempting to solve his own murder with the help of his best friend and betrothed, Nadia Lake, Nate has found the answers he was seeking...and he doesn’t like what he’s discovered.

The original Nate was killed because he knew a secret that could change everything. Thanks to Nadia’s quick thinking, the two of them hold the cards now—or think they do.

Unfortunately, neither of them fully understands just how deep the conspiracy runs.

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

10 comments :

  1. Looks interesting!
    My WOW
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2013/12/waiting-on-wednesday-dorothy-must-die.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read anything by Jenna Black! But I was interested in Replica. I doubt I'll ever get to this series, but I hope you enjoy them! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had a chance to read Replica, but I think it sounds good and this definitely does too. Great pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sounds of this science-fiction and the suspenseful aspects. I need to check out book one. Great pick this week Dee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice choice. Looks fun :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/12/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!