November 22, 2013

The 7 Deadly Sins of Reading (from @Ramblings of a Daydreamer)


When I saw Kristilynn @ Reading in Winter's awesome post I just had to participate :) It just sounded fun! [This tag originally created by BookTuber Malyza.]

GREED

What is your most expensive book? What is your most inexpensive book?
My most expensive book really isn't that expensive. I never spend more than 20$ on a book, and that's when I have to have a hardcover and can't wait for it to be released on paperback. My most inexpensive is probably the books I get for 10 cents (10 for 1$) at the library Booksale where I volunteer ;) but I also get free books sometimes on Amazon!

WRATH

What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?
Probably Anne Rice. She's one of my favorite authors. Her Mayfair Witch trilogy and The Vampire Chronicles are pure genius. She has stand alone gems like The Mummy too; but she has been venturing into other realms lately, and while they're ok I feel like she could do a lot better! I like her Wolf Gift Chronicles, but I don't love them. :|| I liked her Angel time books, but then she didn't develop them well.. *sigh* Even still, it's definitely weighing heavier on the love side vs. the hate side. 


GLUTTONY

What book have you deliciously devoured over and over with no shame whatsoever?
Um definitely The Harry Potter series and The Witching Hour by Anne Rice. I can read those series over and over again every year and not get bored. :L

SLOTH

What book have you neglected reading due to laziness?
Oh there's a lot. I mean...mostly they're classics that I want to read but *whines* I'm so lazy and it's so daunting. Specifically: War and Peace, The Lord of the Rings series, many other classics like Villette by Charlotte Brontë and Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. 

PRIDE

What book do you talk about most in order to sound like an intellectual reader?

Uh, I try not to do that because I'm not a douche. Yeah I actively avoid doing that because it's definite douchebag behavior. NOOO thanks. Although, I know if I blabbed about Shakespeare, particularly his lesser known work like The Merry Wives of Windsor...I would definitely be labelled a pretentious douche. ;) 

LUST

What attributes do you find most attractive in male or female characters?
I have a thing for strong female characters. Characters who are unique, even eccentric and weird are really awesome. Anything out of the ordinary is really welcome because I get sick of the monotony of characters. As far as male characters, I like my men flawed. Flawed but not "bad boy" just flawed and naturally wanting to improve themselves. I like if they can respect the female and allow her to be dominant and protective, yet still be respected. [ Example, the male and female relationship in Sea Priestess by Dion Fortune]

ENVY

What books would you most like to receive as a gift?
Haha oh my there are a LOT of books on my wishlists! Yes, plural. I have one on Amazon, B&N, and Goodreads. Goodreads contains lots of upcoming books that are not yet published; while Amazon And Barnes & Noble are where I tell my friends and such to go :$ *hint hint*??? I guess a few random titles from my wishlist are: Divergent (haven't read it yet!), Matched, The Mark of Athena, and The Immortal Rules..to name a few! xP

-Well, this has been fun! What are your reading sins?! 
author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

2 comments :

  1. I love this post! Tag sounds fun as :D I would have a lot for sloth, I am so behind on several series.

    Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Mel! I'm actually organizing a "finish your series" reading challenge for the new year! I'll keep you posted, you should join! :O

      Delete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!