Saturday, November 16, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #24

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga @ Tynga's Reviews. It's a chance to showcase all the books we've bought, borrowed, won, and received for review.

I bought the lovely For Darkness Shows the Stars. I've heard so many excellent things about this sci-fi Persuasion retelling.
This week I'm super excited about all the books I received for review. I got approved on all of my Edelweiss requests, so my review haul is pretty heavy. But they're all so lovely :k  I'm excited about Fools' Gold, it's the 3rd book in the Order of Darkness series by Philippa Gregory (her YA series). I'm so pumped about Flights and Chimes and Mysterious Times (MG Steampunk fantasy). Isn't the cover amazing?

I finally got the Elemental series from a giveaway I won awhile ago. A special thank you to Kensington Teen Books for throwing in an ARC of Secret. And thank you dear Wendy @ The Midnight Garden for following it through these past few months! :b

 * [I continue the discussion on book covers and their influence on us as readers in my guest post @Mean Who You Are. ]*

Bought

For Review






*Thanks to Penguin group, Simon & Schuster, HarperTEEN*


Won


Spirit, Secret-ARC (The Elemental Series)*
Thank you to
*The Midnight Garden and Kensington Teen*


author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

28 comments :

  1. Flights & chimes & mysterious times has one of the prettiest covers ever <3 I liked into the dark! The luck uglies is also on my reading list & I'm interested to see what you think of Prince of shadows :) Happy reading!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked Into the dark! Was unsure about that.. And I'm excited for Prince of shadows! Romeo and Juliet is my </3 weakness lol ;)

      Delete
  2. Great haul this week, I'm super excited about Prince of Shadows, can't wait to see what Caine has weaved together there! Enjoy your books.

    Here's my STS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Darkness Shows the Stars is so pretty! *_* I've actually never heard of the rest of the books, but Phillipa Gregory's book sounds fab. Happy reading, Diamond!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous? *swoon* :$ so pretty! Thanks for stopping by Summer!

      Delete
  4. Always nice to win some Elemental books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For Darkness Shows The Stars was amazing! Hope you enjoy it!
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read For Darkness Shows the Stars too, I love idea of it and the cover of fab! Happy reading Dee :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm very curious about a thousand perfect things. i've never heard of it before but love the cover. awesome books this week!! happy reading :)

    hope you can stop by my StS/Sunday post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just? Hehe I can't wait to rd it :)

      Delete
  8. I own copies of For Darkness Shows the Stars and the first three Elemental books, but I haven't gotten to read any of them. Let me know what you think! :)

    My StS Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool stack. Hope you enjoy them all :)

    My haul

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice haul! I'm really tempted to pick myself up a copy of For Darkness Shows The Stars, I've heard loads of amazing things. I hope you enjoy all your reads. My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I know I'm so excited to read it :).

      Delete
  11. Dee the Flight and Times and Mystery Chimes caught my eye..I cannot wait to see what you think! Have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You got some amazing titles up there. The Flights and Chimes book looks really good and I am itching to check out that Rachel Caine book! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a nice variety of books! I hope you enjoy them all. Come see what I got at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media if you get a chance. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dee, awesome stack of books this week!!! For Darkness Shows Stars looks awesome! Congrats on winning Secret and Spirit :) Thanks for stopping by our book haul!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!