October 9, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #4

Waiting on Wednesday is a bookish meme created by Breaking the Spine. It's a chance to showcase what we as book bloggers are eagerly anticipating! ^_^ 

This week I'm eagerly waiting for Fragile Spirits by Mary Lindsey to be released. Fragile Spirits is the second book in the Shattered Souls series, BUT they each stand alone as well. Some of the characters are the same and the world is the same, that's why it's technically considered a series. Last week I posted my review of Shattered Souls-- saying that if you liked Titanic, you'd love this book. Lol. I just thought the idea of past lives was super romantic and the heroines' name is Rose, after all! ;) Isn't the cover gorgeous?! *wistful sigh* 


Fragile Spirits is anticipated to release Jan 23, 2014. (3 days after my birthday!! This is one gift I'll be getting for myself!)  
A thrilling romance filled with ghosts, rebellion and revenge!
Paul has always known he was a Protector, fated to serve a Speaker who could hear the voices of spirits lingering after death and help those souls find peace. Vivienne never listens to the voices of the dead.
Paul has always followed the Protector’s rule book, preparing diligently for the day when he’d be matched with his Speaker and fulfill his destiny. Vivienne never does what she’s told.
So when Paul is matched with Vivienne, they both find the pairing less than satisfactory. But a kidnapping, a malevolent spirit and a power stronger than both of them may just prove that they are two halves of the same whole.
In a stunning story about the beauty of fate and the power of secrets, Mary Lindsey returns to the world of Shattered Souls with a breathtaking thrill ride of a novel. 
- Description taken from Barnes & Noble
* Go to the Barnes & Noble link below to read an excerpt from fragile spirits! And don't worry, if you haven't read Shattered Souls yet it won't spoil anything for you!* 
Fragile Spirits || Barnes & Noble || Goodreads || iBookstore || Amazon 



author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

8 comments :

  1. I haven't started on this series yet but I really need to! And I love that cover <3 I hope you enjoy this when it comes out :) Thanks for stopping by xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of the Shattered Soul series, but it must be good if you want to continue on with the series :) Hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for stopping by
    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool choice, Dee! I haven't read any of Mary's books, but I've heard wonderful things. I'll be checking this one out. Thanks for sharing!

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea you definitely should Mary! :O thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Mhmmmm, looks SO good! I am in loooove with the cover! Not so sure about the synopsis, though. I'm usually not a lover of the paranormal, but maybe...if you think it's good...mhm, yeah, I could see myself trying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hadn't heard of this series before, but love that cover! Thanks for stopping by my WOW as well!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!