Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books for Halloween

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by @ The Broke & the Bookish

 Top Ten Best Books To Read For Halloween 


I picked some classically great spooky stories. I love the anthologies of Poe and Lovecraft because you can pick a story randomly and it's like 2-20 pages, some are super short. I love reading them randomly before bed and getting freaked out. Of Stone & Mist by Donna hawk is one I'm reading now that is very spooky and atmospheric with a haunted house so I had to include it. The Mummy by Anne rice is a stand alone novel that is excellent and creepy. I suggest you check it out if you like 1930s Egypt and mummies who used to be hot men! :v  
I'm having so much fun reading horror stories this month that I'm going to extend it and continue next month too! xP
I included links to some of the lesser known books if you want to read the blurbs or add them to your shelf! Just check the list under the cover photos. 












The List
  1. Edgar Allen Poe's The Tell-Tale Heart and other stories 
  2. Dracula by Bram Stoker
  3. Of Stone &  Mist by Donna Hawk 
  4. Delia's Shadow by Jaime Lee Moyer 
  5. Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin 
  6. The Witching Hour by Anne Rice 
  7. H.P. Lovecraft's Dreams in the Witch House and other stories
  8. The Madman's daughter by Meghan Shepard
  9.  Gravity by Abigail Boyd 
  10. The Mummy by Anne Rice 
author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

9 comments :

  1. Dracula for sure, and The Mumym totes, but I have to say I found the witching hour so BORING lol
    Nice list.
    My TTT
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2013/10/top-ten-books-to-read-at-halloween.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I really want to get into the Masque of the Red Death book series thing...it sounds SO good, and to be honest, I would do everything to have that cover on my shelf :) Really need to get to that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd really like it! I had it sitting on my shelf for SO long and kept putting it off...but I knew it was a good read before Halloween! :v

      Delete
  3. I REALLY need to read The Madman's Daughter! I have it on my Nook and just keep forgetting about it. I hear it is awesome. I have only read Anne Rice's vampire books. Maybe I should check out some of her other works. Happy Halloween! http://wp.me/pzUn5-1IL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You totally do! I liked it and I have higher hopes for the sequel! :P

      Delete
  4. Now that I think about it The Madman's Daughter would be a really good book to read for Halloween, it's creepy and there's a bunch of murders, perfect! I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel.

    I really need to read Masque of the Red Death, it's been on my TBR pile since it came out.

    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I have an arc of the sequel I'm excited to read it! I'm waiting until closer to the pub date though ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I agree that Of Stone and Mist is nicely spooky! I love Poe and I need to read The Mad Mans Daughter someday soonish. Enjoy your scary reads!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!