Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Guest Blogger: Amber @ Paradise of Pages


Hey guys. So I recently posted about how I am looking to have and write more guest bloggers on here at Dee's Reads. 
Well, Amber @ Paradise of Pages will be the first of (hopefully) many guest bloggers here! 

If you could meet any author (dead or alive), and have dinner with them who would you meet? What would you ask them?


*If you would have asked me this a few months ago, I don't know if I could have picked an author. There are so many I would be happy to meet but not one that stood out to me other than some of the others I have read. Except maybe J.K. Rowling, but I was hoping to pick something different than what most would pick.

But, with that being said, this question was now an easy decision for me.

Nikki Godwin, Author of Chasing Down Forever and American Girl on Saturn.

Now let me elaborate a little more. Months ago, I put up a post that my boyfriend brought me home milk and oreos for lunch one day. I had to tell the twitter world about it because I was so happy. I was recently told that Nikki searched oreos and milk on twitter and came across me randomly. She then replied to it saying that she was writing a book that had a character that it reminded her of. I at the time did not know anything about her, but I decided to follower her because I was interested.

We would tweet back and forth here or there, but then one day I posted I was looking for book marks. She then said she would send me some she just needed my address (in a non-creepy way). I was excited to see what I was getting. I ended up getting some bookmarks from her books as well as her sisters books as well and they were all signed. It is one of the first thing I have gotten from an author since I've been blogging and I was so happy. I was even a creeper and kept the package that she sent them to me in. 


As the months wore on and her book got closer to releasing and I was so excited. I started talking to her more and more. I felt more like a friend to her than I did as just an author and a reviewer.
Things escalated even more after that, because I was offered a spot in a blog tour for her book. I was so excited about it and instantly said yes. As I read the book I couldn't stop, I even brought my iPad to work so I could read in the down time I had (Which I'm not supposed to do) but I had to know what happened. Then I slowed the reading down on it because it was so good and I didn't want it to end so I spaced it out a little more so I could have more time with the story and the characters. The book is about a boy band. I didn't know much about them since Backstreet Boys. I did learn that Nikki is a HUGE One Direction fan from her and her book though. I didn't know anything about them really, but because of her book, I looked them up. I always thought they were immature little boys trying to get rich. Then I researched them as well as their music, and lets just say I am now a Directioner. Completely Nikki's fault. I don't mind though. 


I started tweeting her about the band and what she did to me, but I really enjoy it. We have fun talking back and forth. Even when I put up posts about help on my blog or saying on twitter I am having a bad day, she replies and comments.

She lives not too far from me, but still enough it's a decent drive. But I would LOVE to meet her one day and have dinner with her. I know we would talk about her book as well as One Direction and most likely any thing else in our lives. I know she was meant to find my post and I was meant to find her. Her writing is beautiful and her bubbly personality shines through her books as well. I am honored to be considered her friend. I will continue to read all the books she puts out!
Nikki, if you read this, thanks for everything :)

Thanks so much for being here Amber! 

Thank you for having me on your blog Diamond. I feel honored to be able to be here and I can't wait to read more on your blog!
Also a thank you to everyone who read this and I hope it doesn't come off too creepy! I swear I'm not a creepy person!

Nikki's Twitter https://twitter.com/NikGodwin

Leave a comment for Amber and make sure you check out her blog and follow her! 




author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

2 comments :

  1. Such a cute story, I'm glad you found a new friend and a new author to love all at the same time. I've read some good reviews for American Girl on Saturn and it sounds really good. Will swing by your blog to say hello Amber :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is such a great story! I love it when Authors respond to your tweets or pop over to your blog if they see you have a review of their book! (even if it is a small acknowledgement!) I had a reply tweet from Cassandra Clare and it totally made my day :) What a great post and now you have a new blogger follower/friend :)

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!