October 31, 2013

Fangirl Style Reviews: #4


Fangirl Style Reviews are a feature I created. 

What is a Fangirl Style review? 

Basically it's me being short, not very eloquent, and perhaps screaming in font or using a lot of !!! :) :v :|| etc. non professional, FUN, crazy, weird reviews. Feel free to start a discussion on the fangirl book at hand ;)

AKA.. FANGIRL-Style! :tup



I really am happy to say I found time to read one of the endless books I bought (or in this case, won, from the lovely Kim @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer awhile back) and loved it! I knew I had to write a fangirl review for it...I know a lot of you love this series too. 

I want to talk about how impressed I am overall with Juliet Dark's adult paranormal romance series. The first book, The Demon Lover was on my shelf for quite awhile and when I finally got to it I devoured it. It was so good, unique, and hot! I immediately ordered the sequel, The Water Witch and read it in one day! I should be getting the last book in the trilogy by tomorrow in the mail and I can't wait to see where the story goes! There's Fae and witches (and vampires / Nephilim, oh my!) and they coexist in college town of Fairwick. The entire series has a total gothic vibe to it that I truly love.

Have you read The Fairwick Chronicles? Do you like adult paranormal romance? Comment below!

The Demon Lover by Juliet Dark
Source: Won via Kim @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars : :star :star :star :star


Ended up loving this. It has a strong story and I really love Callie. She's educated and a strong woman. Many of the demon love making scenes reminded me of Lasher (straight up!), but I loved that book so whatevs. I'll definitely be reading the sequel as soon as possible!!








The Water Witch
 by Juliet Dark

Source: My Collection (paperback) 
My rating: 4 of 5 stars :star :star :star :star

Excellent sequel. Exceeded expectations and exceeded quality of the first book! Kudos. Will be reading the final book in the trilogy asap! 





Have you read this series? Have you read (what I deemed as) a model book for demon lover types -- The Lives of the Mayfair Witches by Anne Rice?
author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

7 comments :

  1. I haven't read much adult paranormal, I'm still trying out YA paranormal with mixed results. That cover for The Water Witch is gorgeous though. Glad that you found a new series to fan-girl about :)
    And happy belated Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Demon Lover sounds great and I like the cover! Will be adding this to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, cute idea! I haven't heard of either of these so thanks for putting them under my radar!

    Lovely mini reviews, Diamond! <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had the first book forever and REALLY need to read it--I just read my first book from the author, BLYTHEWOOD, and enjoyed it so much.

    BTW, Dee--Kensington said they were shipping out another copy of SPIRIT on Wednesday, so fingers crossed it gets to you this time!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! Thanks Wendy! :e yay I hope it comes!

      Delete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!