October 18, 2013

Book Review: Endless Knight (Arcana Chronicles 2) by Kresley Cole

Endless Knight by Kresley Cole
Source: My Collection (hardcover)
My rating: 5 of 5 stars :star :star :star :star :star



Endless Knight is the second book in the Arcana Chronicles by Kresley Cole. I can say, without a doubt, that this series is one of my favorite series of 2013. It makes the top ten YA series I've ever read. That's how awesome it is.

Endless Knight starts precisely where Poison Princess left off. I would strongly suggest you read Poison Princess first. It's not the type of sequel that spends time explaining the world, characters, and mythology. It just dives right in; which is great for readers like me who were dying for the story to continue. But, not so great for those who haven't read the first book in the series and would most likely be confused from the beginning.

Cole's prose is really fantastic. I enjoyed how she effortlessly brought me back to the post-apocalyptic world she created where bagmen and cannibals roam free. Bagmen are akin to zombies, they are attracted to life and eat flesh but have no brains. The cannibals are humans who eat other human flesh (while still alive)! It's super gross, and there's more to the cannibals than meets the eye.

Evie is trying to navigate this crazy world to find her grandmother. She's with Jack still and Matthew. Also with them is The Moon and Magician, both Arcana with different powers and they are all allied together. Evie and the gang will come across other Arcana: and it's kill or be killed. Will Evie fulfill her goal of not killing and abstaining from the game-- offering instead a bigger alliance?

Death, or the Endless Knight is a major player in this book. We get to learn more about his past and Evie's past and, it's shocking. I actually grew to really love Death. I do like Jack, but Death is just so *swoon* I can't help but want him and Evie to be together! Although, I appreciate the awesomely sexy scenes with Evie and Jack. *fans self* I love how HOT Cole writes YA! It's so refreshing. Sometimes you need more than innocent kisses or pecks. Especially since Evie is 17.

The ending had me a little disappointed in where it stopped. It was a cliffhanger; could've been worse but I'm still left gnawing my fingernails trying to guess what's going to happen. It's going to be pure torture waiting for the next book to be published!

This is definitely a series you need to read. If you have read Poison Princess, you need to read Endless Knight asap! You won't be disappointed.



View all my reviews

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

2 comments :

  1. Okay, I will admit I read only beginning and end of your review, but that's just because I still haven't finished Poison Princess! Wait...you say that makes me look even worse? Oh, then,let's just...don't talk about it :) I am SO torn about this series! I haven't read much further after the Read-a-thon and I didn't like it at all, but the way you describe BOTH books now, it seems like it has so much potential...ahhh, I just don't know!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I appreciate every single comment and will comment back if you leave a link.

Remember you can use all these cool emoticons just add a space bar before so it shows up!