Saturday, September 21, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #16

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme created by Tynga @ Tynga's Reviews. It's a chance to showcase all the books we bought, won, or received for review. 

This was the last week of Tressa's Tackle Your TBR read-a-thon. Although I didn't read quite so much as the first week, I think my total number is pretty darn impressive. I've never done so well in a read a thon before! It felt nice to have reading be a priority again. More than writing reviews, or blog posts, etc. it kind of makes me sad because I realized I spend nowhere near as much time reading as I do blogging. I'm working very hard to make it a 50/50 split, lest I forget and neglect the whole reason I started blogging-- my love of reading books! 

Anyways. I got some great books this week. I finally got a Kierkegaard book. Since I lost my Kierkegaard reader that I used for my philosophy class several years ago-- I've been looking for a replacement text. I love reading Philosophy and want to start up again. I also mad a dummy move by buying Blackwatch, which is a SEQUEL not the first in the series! Anyone read this series? I (luckily) snagged an ecopy from the library so I'm gonna read the first book first. ;) I'm really excited for all the rest-- especially Fairest of Them All for review! 

Current Giveaways: 

Bought:




The Misadventures of Edgar and Allen Poe: The Tell-Tale Start
Works of Love 
The Selection
Blackwatch 
Revelations (Blue Bloods 3)

Borrowed [library]:



 Shadowcry (ebook)
The Gathering
Seraphina

Won:


10$ Gift Card (B&N) via Savings in Seconds = I ordered The Lost Prince
The Sea Inside via Vickie Johnstone

For review:


The Fairest of Them All
Fairy Tale Comics
The Iron Prince
author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

25 comments :

  1. Blogging is a bit of a time monster isn't it, it spreads into all available time unless you take control! Like you I always want to put reading first.
    Nice haul, I haven't read any of them but The Selection is on my wishlist. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally is. I feel like something shifted this week though and I really want to make it more of a priority to just read...you know??? :P thanks dearie

      Delete
  2. Blackwatch has a pretty cover. Are you still enjoying Blue Bloods?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm devouring the series. It's crazy I'm on the 4th books, and I just started it like last month. With all the other series I'm reading-- pretty impressively cool that blue bloods is just THAT good lol :D

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoot Julie Kagawa awesomeness! I'll definitely be looking out for your review of The Iron Traitor.

    Also, I know what you mean about needing to make reading the priority. It's a tough balance, especially with school as well.

    -P.E. @ The Sirenic Codex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! :8
      I am excited to be reading more than I have been and to continue balancing :$

      Delete
  5. Woohoo, the Selection. I have that one to read soon. Hope it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul! I still have to read Seraphina, looks so good. I read The Selection already and it was rather disappointing...
    Enjoy the reads!

    My haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnks yea I keep hearing mixed things about it :||

      Delete
  7. seraphina was AWESOME!! hands down my favorite fantasy read last year. i hope you enjoy it too. happy reading :)

    hope you can stop by my StS.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet!! Can't wait to read it :O

      Thnx Michelle!

      Delete
  8. I love Seraphina! I hope you enjoy it.
    Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ~Ailsa
    The Book Bundle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked The Selection and The Lost Prince. I also got The Iron Traitor this week, hopefully it is as good as the first =)

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear you liked The Lost Prince ! :D

      Delete
  10. Kierkegaard! Wow -- I'm so impressed. I try to mix up my YA with adult books, but no philosophy so far…
    I know what you mean. We start blogging because we love reading, and then if we're not careful, the blogging takes over and we have no time to read!

    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol well I. Was a philosophy minor, so I've always loved reading difficult philosophy texts. My friend and I are gonna start a philosophy blog! gotta have material ;)

      Delete
  11. It is impressive! I was blogging more than reading, too. I'm getting into the swing of things more now. Though this week has been bad. Haha. I've been wanting to read Seraphina for awhile, not a total fan of the cover, but it sounds so good. Enjoy reading! :)

    Heres mine

    -New GFC follower. :)

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Followed you back ^_^

      Delete
  12. I see some of the books I have on my, I really have got start reading them! I haven't even started the Iron King series!
    I hope you enjoy them!
    Thank you for stopping by my SS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul of book! I love the Iron Fey series. I got The Iron Traitor arc too, and I'm super excited.

    My STS:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2013/09/stacking-shelves-26-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm reading Iron Traitor right now and really liking it. I know some people are saying they didn't care for The Selection, but I enjoyed it. You either will or you won't. Great haul!

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard so many good things about Seraphina, I don't know why I haven't gotten to it yet. Great haul this week, enjoy them.

    Thanks for stopping by my STS :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!