Monday, September 30, 2013

Mini- Review of Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey



Shattered Souls
by Mary Lindsey
Source: Library (hardcover)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars :star :star :star :star

At first I was highly annoyed with Lenzi. She was a weak wimp with no confidence. Fortunately, this was part of her transformation.

Alden was a total cutie. Loved him. He kept me reading when I almost gave up due to Lenzi's weaknesses. So glad I kept reading because this book was amazing. I am thrilled to hear that there will be a sequel, also a stand a lone. I actually like that the author has her novels all stand a lone. That's very cool. But it's also amazing that I get to keep reading about Lenzi and Alden!

So glad this book was recommended to me! If you like PN YA-- you'll like this book. It has a unique storyline. The idea of past lives and trying to redefine a relationship after so many years was very good and made for fascinating storytelling. So romantic. It's definitely a book you should pick up if you're a lover of the movie Titantic, or stories that are inherently romantic. 


View all my reviews

author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

5 comments :

  1. For lover's of Titanic? haha - I do plan to give this one a read someday =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutie love interests are always a plus. :) I haven't gotten around to reading this yet, but it sounds like a great book. Glad you enjoyed it!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. The emotional depth of the characters mixed with the exciting plot elements are what made me basically forsake all of my other life-ly duties in favor of reading this book. I wish I could talk about the amazing, gut-wrenching, climatic ending in detail, but I will, alas, let you discover that for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I read it already! I don't remember the ending but have you read Fragile Spirits? It's supposed to be an offshoot, or sequel or whatever to this! I can't wait to read it ;)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!