Sunday, August 18, 2013

Bout of Books: My Goals


                               
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
This will be my second time participating in Bout of Books and I'm super excited. I made tons of friends last time and look forward to making tons more :) it was tricky to think of a goal so I decided to try for double what I normally read in one week-- 4 books. Of course, I'll read a few short stories and a graphic novel so I'm sure the will be higher ;)

GOALS
-Participate in 1 twitter party
-2 challenges
-Visit 3+ blogs a day

::::Goal Books:::: 



Cobweb Bride: for review / novel
MLP: for review / graphic novel
The Serpent's Shadow: buddy read w/Charlotte / novel
The Blue Witch: for fun / short story (will start last) 

::::Maybe Books::::


Slumber: blog tour / review / novel
Twelfth Night: Currently Reading (may finish) / play
The Deepest Night: for review / novel
The Beautiful and the Cursed: for fun / novel

Of course the maybes will likely change as the books I read for "fun" I don't like to plan. Because my review books are so structured; I like to have spontaneity with my other books. >.< I may finish Twelfth Night because I'm currently reading it for classics challenge, but if I don't it's ok because I'm taking my time with it. Slumber I don't really need to finish but I'd like to start it on Saturday/end of the week. The Deepest Night is totally up to me. I have a feeling I will cut it out so I can read more fun books, it seems like it's mostly review books now that I can see my goals laid out. 

Are YOU doing Bout of Books? If so, leave your link so I can come visit ya! :tup 



8/19
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read:
Books:
Other:

8/20
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read:
Books:

8/21
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read:
Books:
Other:

8/22
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read:
Books:
Other:

8/23
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read:
Books:
Other:


8/24
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read:
Books:
Other:

8/25
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read:
Books:
Other:




author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

10 comments :

  1. I'm not doing bout of books, but good luck with your reading! It looks like you've got some really fun ones lined up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you snuck in a My Little Pony book.

    I like twitter parties, but it's so hard to commit to one with a hyperactive toddler, who always seems to gets antsy the second I grab my phone or sit down at the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son would be so jealous that you've got The Serpent's Shadow to read! :) I have The Deepest Night still to read and I've heard good things about The Beautiful and the Cursed. I hope you get all your "have to" books read so that you can read a few of the "want to" books.

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I like the look of The Blue Witch. I don't really like planning either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh,so responsible...!
    Almost exclusively picking review books and then you excel at goal-setting, too!
    :D
    Hehe,I - of course - just realized my goals were completely unrealistic and that I'll never get to them, but...will I ever learn? I don't think so...
    Good luck with your goals, though! Not that you'd need it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! :h we can totally do this!

      Delete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!