Friday, April 26, 2013

Stacking the shelves #3


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It's a chance to share what new books and swag we received from giveaways, for review, borrowed from the library, and bought! :)

This week was another big week for me in terms of shelf-stackyness ;) I volunteered at two different library bookstores (started at the University library too, which was fun). So I bought quite a few books this week too. I also won a bunch of giveaways and got both ebooks and actual copies in the mail. It's been a great week! :rainbow

 BOOKS FOR REVIEW :star

Vanguard of Hope: (Sapphire Brigade Book 1)

The First Rule of Swimming

Delilah Dirk and the Turkish Lieutenant
 photo c34e0646-90dd-4513-aaa1-bac78db6497c_zps52fd3aaf.jpg
Vanguard of Hope by Kathy Steinemann
The First Rule of Swimming by Courtney Angela Brkic (NetGalley)
Delilah Dirk & the Turkish Lieutenant (NetGalley)
The Black Shard by Victoria Simcox

BOOKS I WON

 photo image_zps20d3dd17.jpg

 photo image_zps801d2808.jpg





Fate's Fables by T. Rae Mitchell
Daughter of the Sky by Michelle Diener
Soul Meaning by A.D. Starrling (ebook)
Dazzle by Amber Garza (ebook) 

BOOKS I BOUGHT :$

 

 photo image_zps94af30d8.jpg



The Queen's Fool, The White Queen and Wideacre by Philippa Gregory
Roman Dusk (Saint-Germain #19) by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
The Subtle Serpent
The Prime of Life by Simone de Beauvoir


BOOKS I BORROWED [LIBRARY]


 photo 2b142db2-037e-4a1d-917d-97449a06e573_zps8852e838.jpg


The Divided Crown by Isabel Glass
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
Lenobia's Vow by P.C. Cast

And that's it for my Stack the Shelves this week. I think I definitely have my hands...erm, shelves full for awhile now. I'm going to try really hard not to buy too many more books this week! I think the fact that I spent all my money on books will strengthen my resolve, :r lol. Oh, is anyone else doing Dewey's RAT this weekend? I am looking forward to it! I got the novella Lenobia's Vow because I heard sometimes one gets sick of reading a long novel during the 24-hr RAT. 
What did you get STS this week? Leave your link in the comments below and I'll check it out and follow back! Happy Reading Weekend everyone!

10 comments :

  1. Love the cover for Daughter of the Sky - that caught my eye on another blog as well!

    I guess I need to check that book out!

    Have a great week and lucky you - I hope you're joining the read-a-thons!

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Yeah, im doing Dewey's read a thon! It's going great! almost done already :)

      I have seen the cover around too--I won it through Goodreads..hope I can read it soon!

      thnx for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. That is a sweet haul! :D I especially like the cover for Delilah Dirk & the Turkish Lieutenant. :)

    My StS is mostly fantasy books this week. :D It's over here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many books this week! I've been meaning to read A Great and Terrible Beauty for so long now, hope you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great haul and more winning too, your luck is in. I have The First Rule of Swimming too, sounds very different, looking forward to it. Doing Dewey too, so I'll chat you on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trish!! :D Hope you're enjoying Dewey's today! I hope to get to The First Rule of Swimming, but I'm not sure if I will! It's for that reason I have been cutting back on Netgalley requests lately...I'm trying to focus on building my blog and reading / catching up on my reviews and such.

      ttys! :rainbow

      Delete
  5. You got some really good books this week. I hope you love them as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow, you got a lot of books this week! I absolutely love the cover of The First Rule of Swimming:) And I loved A Great and Terrible Beauty. Have fun getting to all of them! and thanks for stopping by Books, Bones & Buffy!

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment! I would love to engage with you. Thank you for reading and commenting!